Shipping - Fahl, Mary - FROM THE DARK SIDE OF THE MOON

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't mind paying the tax, but the ransom fee is usually a lot more than the tax :mad:
I agree blame the government they allowed the post office to charge before they allowed it the post office didn't collet small amounts as there was nothing in it for them.

The fee should not be larger than the tax

Today I received a notice from the post office. 24.83 € is called the love letter that I will receive along with the blu ray. 😡😡

several of us Euro QQ-ers feel your pain, looks like we all got clobbered for customs.. saddest of all the artist doesn't see a penny of that money.. i just hope nobody gives it a "1" in the Poll because "taxman's taken all our dough!" 😉

not on a Quad witch hunt by any means, just curious since i can't see anything in the Poll itself, if the member who gave this a "1" ever popped by to say why they thought what they thought of it?

several of us Euro QQ-ers feel your pain, looks like we all got clobbered for customs.. saddest of all the artist doesn't see a penny of that money.. i just hope nobody gives it a "1" in the Poll because "taxman's taken all our dough!" 😉

not on a Quad witch hunt by any means, just curious since i can't see anything in the Poll itself, if the member who gave this a "1" ever popped by to say why they thought what they thought of it?
Right?
Taxman hit, or probably a PF fanboy lifer that hates anything that alters the original (shake head dourly)

Has anyone In Europe received the CD that Mary used to say (she doesn't say it on the web anymore) that she would send to outsiders to compensate for the high shipping costs?

Don’t worry. I was angry but I only told her that I have finally paid $ 68 $ and I have not received the promised Cd
I understand the anger, and I bet she does too. These are anxious times for us all.
She has gone out of her way to get redundant free copies of whatever in the mail to fans. She's also getting hosed by the complete disaster we call the postal service, these days.
She took a huge gamble on recovering costs to do a stand-alone blu-ray audio for us all and sending out redundant copies, no questions asked, is not helping her bottom line.
She deserves our support, some hugs and free drinks too.
🍷

Last edited:
She has gone out of her way to get redundant free copies of whatever in the mail to fans. She's also getting hosed by the complete disaster we call the postal service, these days.
I fully Agree. She mailed out my order with Stamps.com, but the package seemed to end 'in Limbo', as she called it.
I did send her an email, which was answerred by her very personal and she did send a replacement with USPS.
This package took about 2 weeks to get here.
I was very pleased by her kind service and personal reactions.

It arrived last week and I finally got to listen to it today. The fidelity is a 10, the surround mix is a 10 (it fits the album), the arrangements are musically interesting so a 10. Mary's voice becomes an instrument in its own right, and very powerful and emotive. It is an excellent reimaging of an iconic album. It is nothing like Pink Floyd's original, but this is exactly what I wanted from it, why produce an exact copy? This a beautiful and haunting (and a bit dark side of!) album. I really like it. Its a solid 10 from me, and I am making sure I only give 10s to albums which make me go Wow.

Mary had to send more than one copy, which she did without hesitation, and apologised for something that was not her fault. The 1st copy vanished into the postal system in the USA, so considering this is essentially a self release that must hurt financially. The 2nd spent way too long in NJ before heading over the Atlantic (I worried it would disappear as well), then it sat in UK Customs for a week!

Back