fahren, fahren, fahren auf der Autobahn - CD-4!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure I would have gone that high in the old days. I do remember when QQ member 'heaterwarehouse' went to $900 for the Jackson 5 CD-4. That was a trip (and almost 20 years ago). There is probably a thread in the forum about that one.

We'll see if the winner shows up around these parts. I hope the LP is in great, playable shape

I think you see quad stuff go for crazy prices when its collectability as a quad item intersects with some artist who has a rabid fanbase that really prizes rarity. The Q8 of Autobahn is probably no more or less rare than some of the later Mercury Q8s like the two Ohio Players titles or BTO's Head On or 4 Wheel Drive, but Autobahn still sells for $100 where you'd be lucky to get 20 or 25 bucks for those two BTO titles.

The same goes for J5 Greatest Hits or the UK Q8 of DSOTM, they're no more or less rare than other releases from the same series, but they go for way more money because of the collectors in those fanbases that we quaddies have to compete with.

Oh, and adding the pictures from the eBay listing here for posterity, because it'll go poof in a few weeks and I think they're worth preserving.

kraft3.jpgkraft4.jpgkraft1.jpgkraft2.jpg

Same seller has a CD-4 of Santana III - one off white hand written label test pressing. No bids and 13 minutes to go.

Attachments

• quad_santana3_cd4_1.jpg
    quad_santana3_cd4_1.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 24
  • quad_santana3_cd4_2.jpg
    quad_santana3_cd4_2.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 22
South Korea pressing KJPL CBS/SONY also has SQ with similar labeling as Japanese CBS/Sony SOPL and SOCL SQ. I have a Santana Abraxas I bought in Seoul that is S. Korean pressing. I also have The Outrageous Dr. Teleny's Incredible Plugged in Orchestra RCA Quadradisc CD-4 in a S. Korea pressing, and it sounds the same as the USA pressing.

Back