Guess Who Power in the Music - Fake Quad!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Q-Eight

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
The Guess Who - "Power in the Music"

What I thought would be a good album (some good songs) turned out to be a phoney! I have both the Q8 and CD-4 Album. Double stereo on both of 'em!
UGH!! WHY????

Q-Eight said:
The Guess Who - "Power in the Music"

What I thought would be a good album (some good songs) turned out to be a phoney! I have both the Q8 and CD-4 Album. Double stereo on both of 'em!
UGH!! WHY????
There are one or two other fake quad Guess Who releases. I seem to recall that "Flavours" was also fake.

quadwreck said:
There are one or two other fake quad Guess Who releases. I seem to recall that "Flavours" was also fake.

You know, I won the "Flavours" Quadradisc like a year ago off ebay and never got it :( Kinda baffles me why they would go thru all the trouble to make quad labels, quad cartridges, quad LPs only to make them double stereo.

Was this an "oopsie" at the factory or intentional?? *curious*

My guess is that the Guess Who and/or producer Jack Richardson made the decision not to mix the last few albums to quad, but RCA felt obligated to release them in "quad" as all of their previous RCA releases were available in quad.

Back