Fantastic Negrito, "Have You Lost Your Mind Yet?" - August 14th

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

humprof

Junior Senior
QQ Supporter
A couple of days ago, Fantastic Negrito finally confirmed that his new album, Have You Lost Your Mind Yet?, was mixed for Atmos.

(Okay: that video is not a terribly effective advertisement for Atmos--and obviously the mix that they're listening to was done by Romanowski months earlier. Still.)

I'm really looking forward to this, not only because FN makes great music, but because we've heard so little about the work of contemporary artists getting the Atmos treatment. I read about this a couple of different times in Mix magazine, most recently in this June 3d piece by Barbara Schultz.

But nobody--not even FN himself--has yet said where and how we'll be able to hear or buy this mix. Tidal? A Blu-Ray release? Hi-Res download sites? Let us know so we can pre-order!

Quick follow-up: I eventually got very kind replies to my queries both from Michael Romanowski, who said that mixing the album for Atmos was a trip, and from FN's management, who volunteered that listening to Have Your Lost Your Mind Yet? in Atmos made him feel like he was "hearing the album the way it was meant to be heard."

They're focusing for now on getting the album "its own love and attention" through all the normal channels (so to speak), but they're hoping to follow up with the Atmos release in a "couple of weeks."

Not 100% clear yet how that's gonna happen: no optical disks--not right away, anyway--but probably TIDAL & Amazon and possibly alternative distribution options (e.g., indirect sales through Bandcamp) in the future. They are "totally open" to ideas and "will figure out how to get [the full hi-res Atmos mix] in the right hands," he says.

Meanwhile, you can hear three tracks from the stereo version here:
https://fantasticnegritomusic.bandcamp.com/album/have-you-lost-your-mind-yet--and of course you can stream the entire album from all the usual suspects.

Back