Fantasy Multichannel Titles: The Bee Gees' Odessa & Trafalgar

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Simon A

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
I guess this sort of thread has been done to death, but I just needed to indulge a little so forgive me.

I'm listening to the sweet sounding Mobile Fidelity Gold CD of The Bee Gees' Trafalgar album and I've just realized how badly I'd love a Multichannel version of that astounding album along with Odessa. This band was so well recorded that Surround mixes would just be so full and warm. There, I said it. Anyone else would like getting these two? I would have thought that Trafalgar would have been released in Quad, but I haven't seen anything here about it. Pity.

Bgs_trafalgar.jpg

Odessa.jpg

RHCP - Blood, Sugar, Sex, Magic/Mother's Milk
Metallica - Master of Puppets/Ride the Lightning
Megadeth - Rust in Peace/Countdown to Extinction
Bobby McFerrin - Simple Pleasures/Bang Zoom

I've never heard Trafalgar but I recently discovered Odessa and it's awesome. Would love it in surround.

If you like Odessa and can find a copy of the MFSL Gold disc of Trafalgar at a good price, go for it. I find it's a slightly superior album and it sounds amazing.

Funny that there's people discussing their hopes for Bee Gees surround mixes as I know Barry Gibb's head engineer very well as he's a Professor at MTSU and was an advisor on one of my main projects as well as teaching me several classes while attending Graduate School there.

I honestly don't think any Bees Gees surround mixes are likely to happen, but if there's one album of theirs that deserves to be mixed in surround (both from a critical and commercial) standpoint, it's "Main Course". :)

The Rocky Horror Picture Show soundtrack would be awesome. I've managed to get a couple Rockband Multitracks from a few songs and even with those I was able to come up with some very convincing surround. To have access to the 24-tracks (which do still exist and are in good shape) would be a dream come true.
The Blues Brothers Soundtrack would be another dream in Quad or 5.1 ; sadly, those multitracks are gone.

The O'Jays - Backstabbers would be lovely.

The Eagles Self Titled and Desperado would be nice, along with The Long Run.

I did some Bee Gees surround mixes that I have shared in the past. They were more from the disco era but they mixed well and sounded great.

The Rocky Horror Picture Show soundtrack would be awesome. I've managed to get a couple Rockband Multitracks from a few songs and even with those I was able to come up with some very convincing surround. To have access to the 24-tracks (which do still exist and are in good shape) would be a dream come true.
The Blues Brothers Soundtrack would be another dream in Quad or 5.1 ; sadly, those multitracks are gone.

The O'Jays - Backstabbers would be lovely.

The Eagles Self Titled and Desperado would be nice, along with The Long Run.

I did some Bee Gees surround mixes that I have shared in the past. They were more from the disco era but they mixed well and sounded great.

Any chance you would still share those? I would absolutely LOVE to hear them. Just saying.... :)

I guess this sort of thread has been done to death, but I just needed to indulge a little so forgive me.

I'm listening to the sweet sounding Mobile Fidelity Gold CD of The Bee Gees' Trafalgar album and I've just realized how badly I'd love a Multichannel version of that astounding album along with Odessa. This band was so well recorded that Surround mixes would just be so full and warm. There, I said it. Anyone else would like getting these two? I would have thought that Trafalgar would have been released in Quad, but I haven't seen anything here about it. Pity.

View attachment 22612

View attachment 22613

I just revisited the "Trafalgar" album after not hearing it for probably close to 40 years! Other than the two hits, the only song that I really thought was still decent is "Walking Back to Waterloo". Some of the other tunes are very dreary and whiny. This was a cassette I had in my car back in 1971 or so and I played it to death so I did recall most of the tunes, but they didn't seem to hold up well.

But in 1971 in my car, it was the ticket!

(Of course, back then when you spent your money on a tape or album, you pretty much had to live with it because you spent what little money you had on the damn thing!) :)

Back