Faulty Immersion BR Disks

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A friend of mine has the DSOTM Immersion box set and the Bluray has just failed, it wont load. As I was about to buy this set also(just to get the Bluray) I am quite concerned that my copy will also have this issue. Has anyone got any ideas on how to go about getting the discs replaced? Or do we have a dud on our hands?

Heya Awdeeohnut,

Snood sent mine in shooot was in March or April - Email said they were still wating to get more in maaaaaaaaaybe......but what was it about a month ago, my new nice shiney bluray got replaced all the way from England. In fact, it is my 2nd different one I had replaced, was lucky enough to get one on its own and then bought a box cheap with the seller saying bluray did not work so was a major discount.........me knowing me was gonna send in for replacement.

So yeah send it in and cross fingers.......Snood almost given up on the 2nd one then Ta Da :LB :LB

A friend of mine has the DSOTM Immersion box set and the Bluray has just failed, it wont load. As I was about to buy this set also(just to get the Bluray) I am quite concerned that my copy will also have this issue. Has anyone got any ideas on how to go about getting the discs replaced? Or do we have a dud on our hands?

Greatings Awdeeohnut!, if you're adventurous and willing to learn, it's best to rip a digital copy and store onto a Hard Drive or SSD (Solid State Drive) to play through various machines like Oppo's etc. Usually with the programs like MakeMKV, followed by AudioMuxer. It could then also be played from a computer via a program like FooBar2000. Many of us here do this in hopes of long term storage as disc rot can happen at anytime; and some of these discs turn out to be worth hundreds of dollars (or pick your fav. currency - yadda yadda!) i.e. Jethro Tull. It's even possible to rip (for your own use of course) SACD discs with other programs. It is also a very convenient way to access your collection at a moments notice to hear through the prior mentioned machines.

Just wanted to add my thanks here also for the great information posted here.

I contacted the email address, got an automated reply which asked for proof of purchase and a mailing address.

I supplied those last night, check email this morning... disk has been posted to me. Blown away!

I wish more audio production houses were like this.
:thumbsup:

Just wanted to add my thanks here also for the great information posted here.

I contacted the email address, got an automated reply which asked for proof of purchase and a mailing address.

I supplied those last night, check email this morning... disk has been posted to me. Blown away!

I wish more audio production houses were like this.
:thumbsup:

Oh wow, they did not even ask for the other back? Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice Kooonessssss :LB

@Snood - no . . . they did not want the defective disk returned. I guess they passed that point after about 1,000 replacement disks. :)

I am really pleased with this service, which makes me realise how low my expectations are these days that companies will do the right thing by its customers.

@Snood - no . . . they did not want the defective disk returned. I guess they passed that point after about 1,000 replacement disks. :)

I am really pleased with this service, which makes me realise how low my expectations are these days that companies will do the right thing by its customers.

Welcome to the forum :hi

@IronWaffle - you inspired me to buy the WYWH Immersion box-set. I can live with a few clicks. I have the analogue productions SACD of WYWH but I really want the original quad mix (and all the vinyl Quads of WYWH I've ever seen are in terrible condition). For $116 Aussie dollars ($84USD, $64GBP) . . . I'm good with that. (y)

@Clint Eastwood - thanks for the welcome!

Back