Favorite Surround Discography (Five Or More Albums)?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do not have 5 labeled quad albums by any one artist.

When the quad era happened, I was a college student. I didn't have much money. I bought what I could (but no CD-4 albums and no tapes).

The closest I can come is Meco, who made albums in unmarked Dolby Surround (or Dynaquad).
- Star Wars and Other Galactic Funk
- Encounters of Any Time
- Superman and Other Galactic Heroes
- The Wizard of Oz
- The Empire Strikes Back (10-inch record)
- Ewok Celebration
- Moondancer (12-inch extended single)
- Hooked on Instrumentals
- Pop goes the Movies
- Christmas in the Stars

The Doobie Brithers
Talking Heads
Chicago
ELP
Genesis
Yes
Bowie
Jethro Tull
Steven Wilson/Porcupine Tree
Jeff Beck
Miles Davis
Pink Floyd
Queen
The Doors
The Beatles (including solo projects which would make it more than 5)
Elton John
Santana

So far my favorite boxed set releases are Doobie Bros, Chicago, Talking Heads and George Harrison.

Now only if there would be a Led Zeppelin catalogue and Aerosmith catalogue then these be my faves

PS: Queen’s entire catalogue has been made available in 5.1 in Japan underground circles…they are superbly done considering

the Queen stuff must contain upmixes since multi's are said to be missing/unusable for some of their material, particularly multitracks for some tracks from News Of The World

as mentioned but the doors perception set really is one of the best of all time. I don't think that a lot of people realize that a lot of unreleased surround songs are contained on those discs. Each disc has at least 4 unreleased surround songs on each disc in addition to the album

Back