Fiddler on the Roof - Capitol SM SQ LP

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Q8

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
Heya, admitedly, I'm not a big musical fan. I came accross this and have a chance to buy it. It seems that it has songs from Fiddler on one side, and love themes on the other. Whats the story with this record? I have not seen any threads about it here. I can buy it for $10 in person. Thats close to what they are on ebay? Is it really worth that cause I'm guessing it's just a sound-alike? But yet it's an SQ quad, which makes me want to impulsively buy it. Something tells me I may be able to find it cheaper later though.

FIDDLER.jpg

This is one of those odd-ball Capitol Special Markets SQ LPs that seemed to flood the LP Cut-outs of the late '70s. Most of them were San Francisco Brass or something like that. Not sure what this one sounds like, but $10 might be on the high side for this one.

Also available on Q8!

fiddler sm q8.jpg

Last edited:
Keep an eye out at your local thrift shops. I prolly have 3 copies, all found for $2 or less. All the Capitol quad samplers are cheaply found except maybe the John Morell one that I haven't gotten yet.

Keep an eye out at your local thrift shops. I prolly have 3 copies, all found for $2 or less. All the Capitol quad samplers are cheaply found except maybe the John Morell one that I haven't gotten yet.
Yeah, I just got one for myself pretty cheap a year or so back. As is typical, I haven't actually played it yet...

I have that Q8 and the arrangements are rather lovely. It's almost like two sessions were joined together, the Fiddler on The Roof tracks and then the other songs.

Tradition! :SB

Back