Films (Almost Entirely Surround)

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

Sonik Wiz

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Did someone say Elizabeth Berkley? Then of you'd be wanting to watch the best movie made that she contributed to:

1627073154388.png

Yes that's right, Armitage III. Anime, Elizabeth Berkley, Keifer Sutherland, Bryan Cranston. What's not to like with that mash up? A little bit of Ghost in the Shell, a little bit of Blade Runner. I'd like to point out that before Blade Runner 2049 this was the first story content (1995) dealing with a replicant/cyborg being able to give birth.

Great dystopian story, Sutherland's & Berkley's voices are perfect for the part. I have the Armitage franchise on Laserdisc & DVD, I belive there was a Blu-ray release I don't know about 4k.

Stereo audio but with a little bit of pre-synth help the Surround Master transforms it. Music is expansive, sound FX from all around, vocals solidly up front. Well hell, it's Friday... I guess I'll make a refreshing adult beverage & watch again tonight.

4-earredwonder

QQ Lifetime Supporter
QQ Lifetime Supporter
For DUNE fans, a sneak preview of Warner's newest IMAX production [with official trailer] of Director Denis Villeneuve's forthcoming DUNE. RELEASE DATE: October 22nd!

DUNE

Last edited:

musicmemorabiliashoppellc

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
For DUNE fans, a sneak preview of Warner's newest IMAX production [with official trailer] of Director Denis Villeneuve's forthcoming DUNE. RELEASE DATE: October 22nd!

DUNE
Can’t wait!!!

Scott65

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star

DuncanS

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter

DUNE
Hopefully it has done the books justice (I've read the whole series a number of times!), the first 1984 film was ok-ish but marred by the fact that I saw it in winter, and was shivering in a coat in a freezing cold cinema as the heating had failed! Is this going to a be a film per book?

4-earredwonder

QQ Lifetime Supporter
QQ Lifetime Supporter
Hopefully it has done the books justice (I've read the whole series a number of times!), the first 1984 film was ok-ish but marred by the fact that I saw it in winter, and was shivering in a coat in a freezing cold cinema as the heating had failed! Is this going to a be a film per book?
WE SHALL SEE, DUNC. LOOKS VERY PROMISING! The massive uptick in CGI since the original 1984 DUNE should certainly SPICE things UP!

Last edited:

4-earredwonder

QQ Lifetime Supporter
QQ Lifetime Supporter
On September 28th, Arrow Video is releasing the Native UHD4K restoration of Stephen King's CHILDREN OF THE CORN.

4-earredwonder

QQ Lifetime Supporter
QQ Lifetime Supporter
READ THE REVIEW:

4-earredwonder

QQ Lifetime Supporter
QQ Lifetime Supporter
THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE! On September 14th, LIONSGATE HOME VIDEO will release a Native UHD4K remaster of Russell Mulcahy's HIGHLANDER with Music by QUEEN!

See the source image

4-earredwonder

QQ Lifetime Supporter
QQ Lifetime Supporter
On TAP for this evening's viewing.....The Best Buy Native UHD4K Steelbook Edition of

See the source image
Watched this FANTASTIC Native UHD4K remaster of SNATCH last night and immensely enjoyed it. The uptick in quality over the 1080p BD~V is SUBSTANTIAL and I DO recommend engaging the English subtitles unless you are adept at understanding PIKEY!

See the source image

4-earredwonder

QQ Lifetime Supporter
QQ Lifetime Supporter
VERY Highly Recommended and currently streaming on Netflix in 4K [HDR] Season One of SHADOW AND BONE