Films (Almost Entirely Surround)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hansel & Gretel Witch Hunters [20th Century Fox/3D/DTS~HD MA 5.1] More FUN than a Barrel of Monkeys🐵🙈🙉🙊, Jeremy Renner and Gemma Aterton ROCK as the titular bro and sis battling what else, WITCHES. The 3D effect on my LG OLED 3D TV is SPECTACULAR and for $3.99 HOW COULD I RESIST?

HIGH BROWS and PRUDES NEED NOT APPLY!

91bGNyHsBPL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
Wow….at $50 for 4 discs I wonder what’s included?! Must be DVD/BR/4K and extras disc but why bother should only be 2 discs 4K and EXTRAS DISC….

just finished reading the details….but really I had the movie at one point and COULDNT SIT THROUGH IT….BORED ME TO😭😭😭….just don’t get it

Wow….at $50 for 4 discs I wonder what’s included?! Must be DVD/BR/4K and extras disc but why bother should only be 2 discs 4K and EXTRAS DISC….

just finished reading the details….but really I had the movie at one point and COULDNT SIT THROUGH IT….BORED ME TO😭😭😭….just don’t get it

Because you're a Rock 'n Roll Head Banger, MM and not a 'Cinema Person!' And BTW, Rosebud was a reference to William Randolph Hearst's mistress, Marion Davies', PRIVATE PARTS .... which is WHY Hearst tried to ban the film.

R.7e44787db5ea341bb38ac6359d65042d

"ROSEBUD"

Last edited:
Because you're a Rock 'n Roll Head Banger, MM and not a 'Cinema Person!' And BTW, Rosebud was a reference to William Randolph Hearst's mistress, Marion Davies', PRIVATE PARTS .... which is WHY Hearst tried to ban the film.

"ROSEBUD"
I visited Hearst Castle as a kid and remember gold leaf flaking off the floor around the pool!

I visited Hearst Castle as a kid and remember gold leaf flaking off the floor around the pool!
Wowsers! I was there as a kid on family get away also. I think around ~1965. Since I'm older than you I can report that's what I remember about the pool as well. So at least the condition, I guess, was stable. What really impressed me was the 35mm movie theater. I mean, how great is that? To be able to watch feature length movies on a big screen in the comfort of your home?

Wowsers! I was there as a kid on family get away also. I think around ~1965. Since I'm older than you I can report that's what I remember about the pool as well. So at least the condition, I guess, was stable. What really impressed me was the 35mm movie theater. I mean, how great is that? To be able to watch feature length movies on a big screen in the comfort of your home?
Man, that's cool remembering the same thing! I was there in 1987. I remember kicking off the gold with my feet as we walked along. It's surprising there's any left but there sure was a ton of gold all over that pool. I think the main pool colour was a deep, dark blue. Blue and gold. Hope my parents still got photos of that trip somewhere.

"ROSEBUD"
I do get your point, you are much more of a Cinema Person/Buff than myself.....I like most types of music just because you are going by my ICONIC picture of myself LMAO.......doesn't mean I'm just a HeadBanger......I can understand why maybe Citizen Kane got such high ratings.....cinematography I get that.....but the storyline Bored me to DEATH!!! I do know my movies though ;)

I do get your point, you are much more of a Cinema Person/Buff than myself.....I like most types of music just because you are going by my ICONIC picture of myself LMAO.......doesn't mean I'm just a HeadBanger......I can understand why maybe Citizen Kane got such high ratings.....cinematography I get that.....but the storyline Bored me to DEATH!!! I do know my movies though ;)

I was just ribbin' you, MM. I have a friend who loves movies passionately but doesn't get the allure of CK! I found it boring as a child but as I grew up and appreciated the significance of a 'lost childhood' [thus his passion/longing for his simple sled Rosebud], I grew to respect Welle's imagery. We will finally be able to behold Gregg Toland's groundbreaking cinematography in Native UHD4K utilizing HDR10 and Dolby Vision.

I think David Fincher's recent MANK would've been a nice addition to Criterion's UHD4K disc set. A little tedious at times, it did capture the period feel of Welle's masterpiece...but did question whether it was Welles who actually authored CK or Hollywood script writer Herman J. Mankiewicz.

R.28372d6d35d861e4bb063155a908c01e

Last edited:
I watched Citizen Kane on BD with my dad a few weeks ago and it was awesome. I hadn't seen it for about 15 years and dad hadn't seen it since the 70's. Orson and Joe Cotten were great together. Looking forward to seeing Mank at some stage.

On November 2nd, Warner Brothers will re~release the entire 8 UHD4K/1080p BD~V Harry Potter film collection in special packaging with a bonus BD~V!

81QxhkMCHaL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
Back