Films (Almost Entirely Surround)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Actually, MM, Easy Rider did get an 'exceptional' Native UHD4K remaster from SONY and it looks and sounds AWESOME .......As for the rest which are all GREAT, who knows?

R.71751a1f202686c8cba51c1ca33627ef

Jeremiah Johnson (1972) BD:
1. DTS-MA 5.1 on this and although it's sparingly used, there are discrete echoes, weather and score in the surrounds. Better than nothing.
2. A great flick that delivers on everything (story, acting, cinematography, etc). A cool script too, probably thanks to John Milius.
3. BD here: Amazon.com: Jeremiah Johnson [Blu-ray] : Robert Redford, Will Geer, Delle Bolton, Sydney Pollack: Movies & TV

Red Planet (2000) BD:
1. One of the 2 Mars movies that can out at the same time (with de Palma's Mission to Mars) back when there was a short-lived run on 2 movies that came out at the same time about similar things (Armageddon/Deep Impact).
2. This has a surprisingly discrete and active surround mix throughout most of the movie.
3. I find it a fun brain-off/volume-up watch - like you stumbled across it late one night on TV and thought, "Yeah, that was alright".
4. BD here: Amazon.com: Red Planet [Blu-ray] : Chuck Pfarrer, Jonathan Lemkin, Val Kilmer, Carrie-Anne Moss, Tom Sizemore, Benjamin Bratt, Simon Baker, Terence Stamp, Charles J.D. Schlissel, Mark Canton, Andrew Mason, Bruce Berman, Jorge Saralegui, Antony Hoffman: Movies & TV

Now streaming on EPIX: Adrien Brody Executive Produces and Stars in CHAPELWAITE, a 10 part mini series 'loosely' based on the short story 'Jerusalem's Lot' by Stephen King from his collection of short stories NIGHT SHIFT. Watched first 4 episodes and I'm glued to my seat. Production and Sound Design are exceptional. If you LOVE things that go BUMP and I mean BUMP in the night, Chapelwaite IS FOR YOU!

See the source image

I finished watching the 4K Lynch Dune last night.
The film itself has never looked better, and the surround does enhance it rather well.

The things I didn't like about it when it came out, I still don't like. I did however enjoy more this time than any other viewing so if this film is your guilty pleasure, the 4K is worth a go.

1630687005429.png

https://www.avforums.com/reviews/dune-1984-4k-blu-ray-review.19018

WHAT IF YOU WERE OFFERED IMMORTALITY ....... ????

R.bf95a8b381ecf00d2e454b07a9860966

Now Streaming on Amazon Prime ...... Well Worth Your Time! 👂👂👂👍 [3 EARS UP]

Last edited:
Once we got colour TV and PAL the 'joke' on this side of the pond was that due to the poor modulation scheme used NTSC stood for Never The Same Colour! Curiously all the TVs I have bought can handle PAL 50Hz/NTSC 60Hz (though not all would work with the French SECAM), but as for disc Region encoding :sick: :mad:

Back