Films (Almost Entirely Surround)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haven't watched any, Ralphie, what's it about?

Hard to describe but if you love incredibly inventive Sci Fi/Horror, by all means watch this wonderful series. It's visually stunning, has an agreeable cast and will have you binge watching until your eyeballs roll out of their sockets.

See the source image

Thank you for these recommendations. Please keep them coming. In my experience, the great majority of alleged surround sound motion pictures I have watched are surround for the opening credits music and literally one scene where the rear channels are used once or twice. I'm particularly interested in action and drama films, especially neo noir.

FINALLY, a DEFINITIVE version of John Carpenter's landmark HALLOWEEN from SCREAM FACTORY scanned from the original camera negative [and NOT the interpositive as on the previous 4K release] with the addition of a remixed DOLBY ATMOS soundtrack! [Native UHD4K/HDR10/Dolby Vision/Dolby ATMOS]

http://thedigitalbits.com/item/halloween-1978-ce-scream-2021-uhd

71R5J4B5UlL._SL1500_.jpg

edit: My copy will arrive from AmazonUS on Saturday [ALL HALLOWS EVE] just in time for HALLOWEEN!

Last edited:
Last edited:
BELA HAS NEVER LOOKED BETTER. Having seen the original DRACULA many times over the years in poor Broadcast TV quality, Laserdisc, VHS, even Blu Ray I can report that Universal's Native UHD4K transfer is absolutely stunning with a wealth of extras and even includes the original SPANISH version in UHD4K.

I opted to listen to the alternate film score written by Philip Glass performed by the Kronos Quartet [Dolby Digital 2.0 which did decode in Dolby Pro Logic for an immersive experience] and it blended perfectly with the dialogue/sound effects of the original. The included original soundtrack is DTS~HD MA 2.0 Mono.

Hopefully, this will be the very last time I purchase this timely classic. IMO, 8K would be supreme OVERKILL! Best of all, I was able to purchase the 4 disc UHD4K set, which includes 4 BD~Vs for about $45 delivered [special sale from GRUV.com]. Next up, Frankenstein, The Invisible Man & The Wolfman.

Universal-Classic-Monsters-4K-UHD-Blu-ray.png

Last edited:
FINALLY, a DEFINITIVE version of John Carpenter's landmark HALLOWEEN from SCREAM FACTORY scanned from the original camera negative [and NOT the interpositive as on the previous 4K release] with the addition of a remixed DOLBY ATMOS soundtrack! [Native UHD4K/HDR10/Dolby Vision/Dolby ATMOS]

http://thedigitalbits.com/item/halloween-1978-ce-scream-2021-uhd

71R5J4B5UlL._SL1500_.jpg

edit: My copy will arrive from AmazonUS on Saturday [ALL HALLOWS EVE] just in time for HALLOWEEN!

Watched this EXTRAORDINARY SCREAM FACTORY Native UHD4K remaster last night and if I had more than two thumbs they'd be UP! That radically improved over all other remasters. I don't have Dolby Atmos but engaged that codec on my Oppo 205 and it was ROOM FILLING. Halloween was one of the very first films to employ the STEADICAM and Dean Cundey's superb cinematography and lighting design can finally be appreciated in all its glory.

HIGHEST RECOMMENDATION!

I could not believe it.. me wife had NEVER seen this classic.. so yesterday I told her that if she wanted to see something REALLY scary that this would be it... so I dusted the BD I had bought in Madrid which I had NEVER seen and she was REALLY impressed...and so was I cause I had not seen it in at least 10 years...
20821_large.jpg

I could not believe it.. me wife had NEVER seen this classic.. so yesterday I told her that if she wanted to see something REALLY scary that this would be it... so I dusted the BD I had bought in Madrid which I had NEVER seen and she was REALLY impressed...and so was I cause I had not seen it in at least 10 years...
20821_large.jpg

A cinema classic indeed, Kap. I was hell bent on purchasing Warner's new Native UHD4K remaster of Clockwork but poor reviews regarding a botched DTS~HD MA 5.1 soundtrack steered me away. The reviews assert it sounds better in Lossy DD 2.0 Mono. I'll wait 'n see if Warners does a new corrected remaster before purchasing.

Right up Criterion's alley, Marplot. Be patient! Criterion has only just begun to go 4K 'hog wild!'
but .. Kurosawa in 4k ...
I will have yet another copy of Ran in 2 weeks when the Best Buy 4k steelbook ships. (Criterion DVD, Studio Canal BR)
1635822159093.png

Papa bear wants Seven Samurai .. well all the Kurosawa/Mifune samurai movies.

Back