Films (Almost Entirely Surround)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WXXOXXW ! ! !
View attachment 80912
A B S O L U T E L Y
XXP H E N O M E N A L ! ! !
View attachment 80911Martin Scorsese THE LAST WALTZ
This Criterion edition looks and sounds 4K-razy good! A mind-blowing experience!! Highly recommended!!!

https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/The-Last-Waltz-4K-Blu-ray/307219/#Review
High-Def Digest Review
https://www.slantmagazine.com/dvd/the-last-waltz-4k-review-martin-scorsese/
I just received my copy yesterday. I know very little about The Band, but have heard a lot of good about this film. Will watch it this weekend.

My haul (and FedEx claims my special Walmart slipcover version of Everything Everywhere All At Once is arriving either today… but originally scheduled for tomorrow. I’m placing bets on tomorrow)

Lots of watching, and I still have stuff from previous sales 😅

The RoboCop release might have the most audio cuts I’ve ever seen included on a disc. Original theatrical stereo and quad tracks, home theater 5.1 tracks, and an Atmos track (naturally with a fallback 7.1). So on both discs, both cuts, you get 2.0, 4.0, 5.1, 7.1, Atmos. Fantastic!
GREAT REVIEW at Blu~Ray.com

https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Everything-Everywhere-All-At-Once-4K-Blu-ray/315406/#Review
71vPOCqIqSL._SL1500_.jpg

I watched Dracula and Frankenstein from the Universal Classic Monsters 4K box set.
A fair review Universal Classic Monsters: Icons of Horror Collection 4K Blu-ray (DigiBook)

Dracula, not much to say about sound since it is the mono.
The video quality on the other hand, it is lovely for a movie over 90 years old.
The Dracula extra on its history was surprisingly interesting and it was a hoot to hear about the late night filming of the Spanish version of the movie after they wrapped up the main one each day.

Frankenstein.
Same comments on audio and while the video looks great, the film isn't as well preserved as Dracula, or perhaps not filmed as well.

For $32 from Gruv for the box set, it was a great deal and I am more than satisfied with the purchase. 2 more to go.

I bet it will be $10+ cheaper come Black Friday.
Probably, Bill. Still cannot believe the LOW LOW prices on UHD4K discs as opposed to music discs most of which are outrageously priced for a single ATMOS or 5.1 remix!

But the sad reality .... I have SO many UHD4K box sets from those Black Friday deals that I haven't even opened! I'm a hoarder, I guess!

Probably, Bill. Still cannot believe the LOW LOW prices on UHD4K discs as opposed to music discs most of which are outrageously priced for a single ATMOS or 5.1 remix!

But the sad reality .... I have SO many UHD4K box sets from those Black Friday deals that I haven't even opened! I'm a hoarder, I guess!
I know. Even regular RBCDs are pricey compared to movies. Music is rarely on sale at 40% or 50% off but movies are all the time. I have always wondered why that is.

You don't have a monopoly on being a hoarder. A good many of us have that issue. At least what we hoard can be listened to or watched (and resold if we are so inclined). I also have music and movies that I haven't gotten around to listen, there just isn't enough time in the day.

Back