Films (Almost Entirely Surround)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

WALL·E coming on Criterion!? In 4K?! With Dolby Atmos Soundtrack!

View attachment 83237
I never thought I would see the day where Criterion (finally! FINALLY!) moves towards embracing animation, and let alone with modern classics. LET ALONE A PIXAR FILM! This is a massive massive title here, the implications for the future is huge, especially with Disney and Criterion Partnerships!

Think of how many genuine classics are languishing in Disney's vaults!

Will absolutely snag to show support!
Obviously the disc will look (and sound) better, but if you want to get a sneak peak of the Atmos and Dolby Vision remaster, it is on Disney+ along with... all other Pixar movies, as they gave them all a pass a while ago. (Also the National Treasure movies? What! I gotta revisit those)

The Criterion page does mention it's a "4K Digital Master", so it's likely from the same source as the D+ version

Marplot

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
QQ Supporter
I never thought I would see the day where Criterion (finally! FINALLY!) moves towards embracing animation, and let alone with modern classics. LET ALONE A PIXAR FILM! This is a massive massive title here, the implications for the future is huge, especially with Disney and Criterion Partnerships!

Think of how many genuine classics are languishing in Disney's vaults!

Will absolutely snag to show support!
Obviously the disc will look (and sound) better, but if you want to get a sneak peak of the Atmos and Dolby Vision remaster, it is on Disney+ along with... all other Pixar movies, as they gave them all a pass a while ago. (Also the National Treasure movies? What! I gotta revisit those)
They have a few classic animation releases but you are spot on about nothing in the way of new animation

But a Pixar/Disney film being released as a Criterion 4k ... yowza that was a shocker and hopefully a sign of things to come.

4-earredwonder

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
From SONY snd director Martha Coolidge REAL GENIUS [Native UHD4K/HDR10/Dolby Vision/Dolby Atmos] Two Cuts

81Io3Ui-umL._SL1500_.jpg

cdheer

QQ Supporter

kfbkfb

QQ Supporter
Since 2002/2003

A little trivia, AFAIK, this LD was the 1st time the official Dolby Surround logo appeared on an LD jacket (I bought it at the record store [and LD store] at 75th and Metcalf in ~1986).

I'll be ordering this and the 1975 Rollerball UHD from Amazon soon.

Kirk Bayne

4-earredwonder

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
From Pathe [Second Sight] Video [Native UHD4K from the original Super 16mm film negative/HDR10/Dolby Vision/DTS~HD MA 5.1]

81XjkzWhqCL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

4-earredwonder

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
The New SCREAM FACTORY Native UHD4K edition of John Carpenter's THE FOG adds Dolby Vision, a new DOLBY ATMOS soundtrack and a higher bit rate encode in contrast to the previous 2018 StudoiCanal UHD4K which IMO, makes this the DEFINITIVE EDITION!

john-carpenters-the-fog-4k-ultrahd-bluray-scream-factory-review-cover.png

Last edited:

4-earredwonder

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Coming October 4th from Music Box Films and acclaimed Spanish Director JULIO MEDEM the erotically charged SEX AND LUCIA for the first time in an UNRATED DIRECTOR'S CUT with the exquisite Paz Vega [1080p/DTS~HD MA 5.1] VERY HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

Sex and Lucía

\

4-earredwonder

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Swiss French New Wave auteur filmmaker Jean~Luc Godard died on September 13th from assisted suicide at age 91. Godard first came to prominence with 1960's BREATHLESS.

See the source image

Last edited:

4-earredwonder

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
COMING in time for Christmas [November 1st] in Native UHD4K [HDR10/DTS~HD MA 5.1] 🐿️🎄

81MTt8-PwJL._SL1500_.jpg

AND ALSO COMING NOVEMBER 1st [Native UHD4K/HDR10/DTS~HD MA MONO]. RALPHIE FINALLY GETS HIS DUE!

71vh6eMaFCL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:

The56Kid

Highdefdigest's MUST OWN Review of the Criterion UHD4K remaster of Brian De Palma's BLOW OUT [HDR10/Dolby Vision/DTS~HD 2.0 SURROUND]

Blow_Out_4K.png
Would love to get this one but $35 is a steep asking price. The price for most discs in my small but excellent 4K collection is about $15. Maybe there will be a future Barnes & Noble Criterion sale that will make it a more reasonable purchase.

4-earredwonder

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Would love to get this one but $35 is a steep asking price. The price for most discs in my small but excellent 4K collection is about $15. Maybe there will be a future Barnes & Noble Criterion sale that will make it a more reasonable purchase.
B&N's half price semi annual sale will reduce the price, at best, to $25!

4-earredwonder

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Last edited:

timothyemerson

900 Club - QQ All-Star
Star Trek - The Motion Picture (1979) 4K:

1. I got this latest bare bones release (1 4K disc, no extras): Star Trek: The Motion Picture

2. 4K image with Dolby Vision is superb all round.

3. New Atmos (in 5.1 at my place) fidelity is crystal clear, punchy couch-rumbling lows, surround mix is pretty constant with discrete moments, particularly in the score.

4. New special effects all look great except that early scene where Kirk's shuttle lands in San Francisco still looks like someone drew it with coloured pencils. Oh well.

5. Probably my favourite Trek flick. Well worth the purchase. I also got the Voyage Home but haven't spun that one yet.

4-earredwonder

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
ARRIVING October 11th from Criterion, the native UHD4K release of LOST HIGHWAY personally supervised by Director David Lynch [HDR10/Dolby Vision/DTS~HD MA 5.1] In blu~ray.com's excellent review they do compare this new release to Kino Lorber's excellent 2019 BD~V release so if you own that release {I do and it is excellent] be sure to read on!

71RpQnqYseL._SL1500_.jpg