Films (Almost Entirely Surround)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another tidbit of news from thedigitalbits website:

Now then, thanks to our deep bench of industry sources, we have yet another big piece of news to share about an upcoming 4K catalog title that Warner Bros. is apparently working on. David Fincher’s Se7en (1995) is reportedly coming to 4K UHD from the studio sometime in early 2023. This of course is a New Line title with highly-stylized cinematography by Darius Khondji that should look truly stunning on the format with High Dynamic Range. We expect official word from the studio in the next couple months, and as always retailers will probably leak the details first.

See the source image

Last edited:

Now then, thanks to our deep bench of industry sources, we have yet another big piece of news to share about an upcoming 4K catalog title that Warner Bros. is apparently working on. David Fincher’s Se7en (1995) is reportedly coming to 4K UHD from the studio sometime in early 2023. This of course is a New Line title with highly-stylized cinematography by Darius Khondji that should look truly stunning on the format with High Dynamic Range. We expect official word from the studio in the next couple months, and as always retailers will probably leak the details first.

See the source image
If any movie was to benefit from HDR, it’d be this one. Even the older Blu-ray with a 7.1 track is a highlight of the format. Very much looking forward to this one.

See the source image
Cool. Remember when Seven came out at the movies and on VHS, the hue was very sepia but then it got the blue treatment that Fincher's used lots since? Be good if this had the original sepia hue as well as the blue.

I watched Joel Schumacher's classic THE LOST BOYS last night in Native UHD4K and was literally blown away by both picture and sound. Warner has restored this film gloriously and at Amazon's pre Black Friday sale price of $10 ....a DEAD giveaway [no pun intended]

Having owned it on various video formats including lasserdisc, I will say if you have any love for this 80's classic BUY IT

71nrZWJKA4L._SL1500_.jpg
I had this one on laserdisc as well! Watched the new 4K UHD the other night and they really did a great job with it.

I forgot how much Barnard Hughes stole the show in this one. Loved him in Tron too. Plus, you get Dianne Wiest as the ultimate mom and The Doors covered by Echo & the Bunnymen.

I had this one on laserdisc as well! Watched the new 4K UHD the other night and they really did a great job with it.

I forgot how much Barnard Hughes stole the show in this one. Loved him in Tron too. Plus, you get Dianne Wiest as the ultimate mom and The Doors covered by Echo & the Bunnymen.
And ALL for the bargain basement price of $9.99 during Amazon's pre Black Friday sale! SUCH A DEAL!

The COMPLETE THAT 70'S SHOW on 16 BD~Vs for $19.99 [LIST 99.99] @ AmazonUS ...Remastered DTS~HD MA 5.1 soundtrack

https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/That-70s-Show-The-Complete-Series-Blu-ray/172317/#Review

81POAUsBuIL._SL1341_.jpg
VERY HIGHLY RECOMMENDED MOST ESPECIALLY AT THIS BARGAIN BASEMENT PRICE OF UNDER 20 BUCKS! 73 HOURS in STUNNING DTS~HD MA 5.1.....16 BD~50 discs in slipcase. Stunning video as well!

I had missed the early episodes and they're all here.

An hysterically funny show...and I'm NOT easily AMUSED!

See the source image

Last edited:
If you mean a Premium High Speed cable is better than a High Speed cable which is better than a standard HDMI cable, you are correct; although it might not matter depending on what you are doing.

HDMI is a digital spec. As long as the cable you are using matches the version requirement of the signal you want to pass, anything else is snake oil.

If you mean a Premium High Speed cable is better than a High Speed cable which is better than a standard HDMI cable, you are correct; although it might not matter depending on what you are doing.

HDMI is a digital spec. As long as the cable you are using matches the version requirement of the signal you want to pass, anything else is snake oil.
What I am about to be doing is a massive upgrade of my audio/video system .... which has been in the works for 4 years [stifled of course due to Covid].

Snake oil aside, I find at a certain level even minor upgrades due to better cables, etc., can and do make a significant contribution to audio/video....and the proof is certainly in the pudding.

That tired old theory that cables don't make a difference is absolute BS .......

And most reputable mail order companies do allow a 30 or 60 day return policy if one feels their purchase is indeed snake oil ...... so the buyer can be aware ... with the confidence knowing if not satisfied ..... all is not lost!

Cool! Good luck on the updates. Mine is an entry level system so once we move (someday) I will replace it all as well.
Thanks and I wish you the same.

Hope you're all taking advantage of Black Friday sales on UHD4K and even BD~Vs ......some GREAT selections [and some not so great].

What I am about to be doing is a massive upgrade of my audio/video system .... which has been in the works for 4 years [stifled of course due to Covid].

Snake oil aside, I find at a certain level even minor upgrades due to better cables, etc., can and do make a significant contribution to audio/video....and the proof is certainly in the pudding.

That tired old theory that cables don't make a difference is absolute BS .......

And most reputable mail order companies do allow a 30 or 60 day return policy if one feels their purchase is indeed snake oil ...... so the buyer can be aware ... with the confidence knowing if not satisfied ..... all is not lost!
Awesome to hear about the impending upgrade. Don't forget to post pics when it's done!

Back