Films (Almost Entirely Surround)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Didn't know exactly where to put this but on January 27th Arista Records is releasing CARLY SIMON LIVE AT GRAND CENTRAL on BD~V upscaled to 1080i and includes a PCM Stereo Track remixed by Frank Filipetti:

https://www.carlysimon.com/store/live-at-grand-central-blu-ray

Carly Simon: Live at Grand Central (Blu-ray)
I remember years ago seeing the video for “Touched By The Sun“ on TV in nondescript mono. It was a fun concept, well executed, and wonderful even then. The stereo Blu Ray remix has to be even better(and then there’s Auromatic upmixing…).

I do find it curious that Filipetti has worked with both Simon and James Taylor. Nah, must be just a coincidence LOL.

Last edited:
Just watched Puss in Boots:The Last Wish. I know, watching kids films at this age? What can I say? Well, it was kind of overhyped, but still a decent watch and not complete drivel. But uh, maybe wait for this one to come to Redbox or something.

Just watched Puss in Boots:The Last Wish. I know, watching kids films at this age? What can I say? Well, it was kind of overhyped, but still a decent watch and not complete drivel. But uh, maybe wait for this one to come to Redbox or something.
I saw it yesterday in Real 3-D and I freaking LOVED it! WAY much more fun than your normal "kid's" fare with a lot of references to all the animated classics , e.g., the "Jimmy Stewart" Jimminy Cricket was HILARIOUS! I also loved the "sound design" with the squeaky voices they gave the Pansies...go see it after a toke or two!

Cannot wait for this, probably my favourite movie of all time.

I’ve got the 2011 Universal blu-ray which is pretty impressive in its own right! I never upgraded to the Criterion 1080p blu-ray so this will be Day 1 for me.
It’s a classic. I’ve been waiting for so long it’s not true. Can’t wait to cue this one up on 4/20(somehow, it doesn’t translate so well as “20/4” in Europe LOL).

Ralphie, how do you manage to enjoy so much audio AND video in one lifetime?!
It wasn't too difficult during COVID but increasingly, my cache of UHD4K and music discs are piling up and I'm still awaiting my new home theater set up to be completely installed [screen is up....projector as yet NOT mounted] before I start those 24 hour marathons.
How ‘that’ scene in Stanley Kubrick film ‘A Clockwork Orange’ temporarily blinded Malcolm McDowell

It wasn't too difficult during COVID but increasingly, my cache of UHD4K and music discs are piling up and I'm still awaiting my new home theater set up to be completely installed [screen is up....projector as yet NOT mounted] before I start those 24 hour marathons.
How ‘that’ scene in Stanley Kubrick film ‘A Clockwork Orange’ temporarily blinded Malcolm McDowell
Right, right, right, o my brother!

As a retired MD, I can tell you that corneal abrasions usually resolve with 48 hours of treatment(though what a painful 48 hours it can be!). Cracked ribs are a whole other story; I guess those “stunt” scenes were very realistic!

Kubrick was much tougher emotionally on Shelly Duval during the filming of “The Shining.”

Imagine what Robert DeNiro(“Raging Bull” anyone?)or Christian Bale might have put themselves through if either one of them had been cast in the role of “Alex”! 🤔

Back