Films (Almost Entirely Surround)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From A24 films: Jonathan Demme's fantastic STOP MAKING SENSE newly remastered in 4K will hit theaters soon with a newly remixed Dolby Atmos soundtrack:

Hopefully we'll get a native UHD4K physical disc of this beloved Talking Heads concert!

I'm only gonna re-buy it if it comes with a replica giant David Byrne suit.

From A24 films: Jonathan Demme's fantastic STOP MAKING SENSE newly remastered in 4K will hit theaters soon with a newly remixed Dolby Atmos soundtrack:

Hopefully we'll get a native UHD4K physical disc of this beloved Talking Heads concert!

One of the best concerts ever, and the sound quality was already very good on previous Blu-ray releases (there are at least two different ones...)

Best news I’ve heard for a while. I love this concert! Atmos and 4K!!

Whenever I drive my new car recently my iPhone syncs to car’s audio system and it plays Talking Heads in Atmos. (The phone has all the Talking Heads albums from my Apple Music subscription).

If anyone here has seen the multiple-Oscar-nominated film, Tar, in Atmos...well, to have a soundtrack in Atmos would be wonderful. The film is quite a journey into iconic-fictional Lydia Tar's conductor-life. As she starts to hear noises in her home, for example, the immersive effects are very very good. BUT, the surround treatment during the full orchestra practice sessions (Mahler 5th) are as good as 7.1.4 classical music gets IMO.

From the digitalbits.com:

EXCLUSIVE: PRODUCER JON LANDAU CONFIRMS THAT AVATAR [2009], THE ABYSS, TRUE LIES & TITANIC ARE ALL PLANNED FOR BLU-RAY & 4K ULTRA HD RELEASE THIS YEAR!​

And yes, we have good reason to believe that at least a couple of them will include a Blu-ray 3D option.

AVATAR, THE WAY OF WATER WILL BE RELEASED ON 3/28 IN UHD4K!

James Cameron films are coming to 4K Ultra HD
“The Abyss,” finally!

Coming March 21st from PARAMOUNT and director Damien Chazelle BABYLON [Native UHD4K/HDR10/Dolby Vision/Dolby ATMOS]

https://ultrahd.highdefdigest.com/113404/babylon4kultrahdbluraysteelbook.html
81eR7fwiDtL._SL1500_.jpg

From SHOUT Factory KUBO AND THE TWO STRINGS [Native UHD4K/HDR10/DOLBY VISION/DOLBY ATMOS]

https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Kubo-and-the-Two-Strings-4K-Blu-ray/328468/#Review
81h99K2AgKL._SL1500_.jpg
From the studio who brought you the wonderful CORALINE! I watched the 1080p 3D version the other night and can thoroughly recommend that version. No pop outs but all in all an immersive 3D experience.

Here is the digitalbits review of SHOUT FACTORY'S Native UHD4K version:

http://thedigitalbits.com/item/kubo-two-strings-shout-2023-uhd

From Lionsgate and director Francis Ford Coppola B'TWIXT NOW & SUNRISE [1080p/Dolby True HD 5.1] 'Re~edited' version of Coppola's 2011 original version, billed as THE AUTHENTIC CUT!

https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/BTwixt-Now-and-Sunrise-Blu-ray/330586/#Review
71ECFGt2iYL._SL1500_.jpg
Now what to make of Francis Ford Coppola's 'fever dream' B'TWIXT NOW AND SUNRISE...The Authentic Cut?

While in Instanbul, Coppola had a dream which resulted in his newest 'opus!' Gorgeously shot, well acted [Kilmer ain't half bad and Dern and Ben Chaplin [as Edgar Allen Poe] shine in their respective roles but IMO, the film ended abruptly and had no real meat on the bone. I also watched granddaughter Gia Coppola's video shoot of the shoot which was even more perplexing.

Liongate's 1080p BD~V is spectacular and the soundtrack in Dolby True HD 5.1 is immersive but I'd wait until this flick is broadcast FOR FREE on one of the streaming platforms. Critics uniformly panned it but I think it's worth a watch. IMO, not one of Francis' finest moments!

Last edited:
Now what to make of Francis Ford Coppola's 'fever dream' B'TWIXT NOW AND SUNRISE...The Authentic Cut?

While in Instanbul, Coppola had a dream which resulted in his newest 'opus!' Gorgeously shot, well acted [Kilmer ain't half bad and Dern and Ben Chaplin [as Edgar Allen Poe] shine in their respective roles but IMO, the film ended abruptly and had no real meat on the bone. I also watched granddaughter Gia Coppola's video shoot of the shoot which was even more perplexing.

Liongate's 1080p BD~V is spectacular and the soundtrack in Dolby True HD 5.1 is immersive but I'd wait until this flick is broadcast FOR FREE on one of the streaming platforms. Critics uniformly panned it but I think it's worth a watch. IMO, not one of Francis' finest moments!
B’twixt a rock and a hard place, Ralphie? 🤔

Last edited:
Yep. IMO, Coppola's last great film was TETRO ..... vastly underrated and well worth seeking out.

R.092a945aaf42a50368b43a90fda844d6
I'll have to check this one out!

I picked up B'twixt since it was reasonably priced and felt pretty much the same as you did about it. Some cool ideas and nice seeing Val Kilmer but probably not one I'll revisit. I don't regret buying or watching it though.

Back