Films (Almost Entirely Surround)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This thread is becoming useless. It has degenerated into a simple list of people's jpgs of film boxes with surround tracks on the back. Heck, we've been able to get that since Blockbuster was still in business.

Couldn't anybody be bothered to suggest what makes the surround mixes on the film discs worthy of purchase? A favorite moment of actual 5.1 or 7.1 presentation? The availability of perhaps a popular track of music not otherwise available in surround, but can be found in any of these movies?

Or, even bothered to comment on their own experience with the surround track personally? None of you appear to have any real information to offer to indicate that you have even seen these films.

This is just a random string of titles, with no reason for people to keep looking into this thread. Come on, you can do better than this.

On the other hand, if you are a film distributor just looking to spam a niche film and audio board with free ads for your films, apparently this is your place. 👎

So why don't YOU bring it back on track? Frankly, with all your wisdom, why don't you enlighten us with YOUR SUPER PICKS since you've haven't bothered to contribute your input into this 'devolving thread?'

Last edited:
Coming November 16th from Arrow Films [Native UHD4K/Dolby Vision/HDR/Remixed into 5.1]

12131_tn.jpg

Coming September 18th: The Alejandro Jodorowsky 4K [BD~V] Restoration Collection:

81V3ICgU%2B0L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

https://www.importcds.com/alejandro-jodorowsky-4k-restoration-collection/038781119994

Product Notes
Two CDs + four Blu-Rays edition. This deluxe box set titled Alejandro Jodorowsky: 4k Restoration Collection, includes three of Jodorowsky's cult-favorite classics: El Topo, The Holy Mountain, And Fando y Lis, restored in 4k on region free Blu-ray, as well as his latest, and most inspirational film Psychomagic, A Healing Art. Loaded with extras and ephemera, the box set features a 78-page book with photos and essays, a set of art cards together with 4 Blu-ray discs and 2 CDs housed in a high-quality case. Also included are new interviews with Jodorowsky, his son Brontis, who makes his acting debut as the young boy in El Topo and Pablo Leder, Jodorowsky's long time personal assistant. Columbia University professor Richard Peña provides insightful introductions to each of these classic films. A short film, The A To Z Of The Holy, narrated by Jodorowsky biographer Ben Cobb, probes the history of Jodorowsky and his films. Also included are CD soundtracks for El Topo and The Holy Mountain plus Jodorowsky's rarely seen first film, the 1957 short film La Cravate completes this special collectable package.
Film Collection

So why don't YOU bring it back on track? Frankly, with all your wisdom, why don't you enlighten us with YOUR SUPER PICKS since you've haven't bothered to contribute your input into this 'devolving thread?'
Since I don't collect a lot of DVD's, Blu-Rays or even Hi-Fi Stereo VHS tapes, I'm not really the one to help other people find the best surround sound examples in a wide ocean of entertainment.

What I would expect, in a community built on the appreciation of the evolving of multichannel entertainment, is something more than just picture after picture of films you are capable of posting screenshots of covers. You add no commentary of value to it, no opinions about what makes the films you post worthy of our interest, and practically no evidence you are even aware there may be something of interest to a person who comes here to find information about surround sound. All you have are pictures of disc clamshells. We can go to Amazon and see the same thing...in many cases, at least with reviews from people who appear to have sampled the products themselves.

So, in all my wisdom, YES, I AM ENLIGHTENING YOU...stop wasting everybody's time showing off your movie shelf...instead, why don't you take a few down off the shelf, PUT them in the player, and TELL us something about YOUR OWN experiences with them that we as surround audio fans, might appreciate? If I just want a copy of the movie's cover, or press release notes, I've already got Google Image Search.

a lot of these are "future" 4k releases and usually always include some form of sonic upgrade yet there can be no reviews since they haven't been released yet.

Think of them as a "heads up" to be on the lookout for when the time comes.

And in the future...perhaps we can see somebody who actually owns some of them, tell us something about them from personal experience, that would give us reason to want them?

Because, I'm looking over the releases that have thus far come out...and nobody is commenting anything about them of significance to people who would have an interest in any release, 4K or otherwise, due to an actual reference to how they felt about the surround content. The thread is titled, "Surround Movies", correct? Anybody actually have some sort of recommendation for any of these, or is this just a dumping ground for promo people to slap an image up to shill a product?

So many of these are out already, yet nobody has anything to say about them. Should I take that as a bad sign, that nobody in a surround forum, cares about the surround qualities enough to contribute their own results from trying any of these surround movies?

Just how far back in the thread do I have to go, so you can prove me wrong?

And in the future...perhaps we can see somebody who actually owns some of them, tell us something about them from personal experience, that would give us reason to want them?

Because, I'm looking over the releases that have thus far come out...and nobody is commenting anything about them of significance to people who would have an interest in any release, 4K or otherwise, due to an actual reference to how they felt about the surround content. The thread is titled, "Surround Movies", correct? Anybody actually have some sort of recommendation for any of these, or is this just a dumping ground for promo people to slap an image up to shill a product?

So many of these are out already, yet nobody has anything to say about them. Should I take that as a bad sign, that nobody in a surround forum, cares about the surround qualities enough to contribute their own results from trying any of these surround movies?

1598787515394.png

Good one. Nice surround. dts HD.

Never seen it. Maybe I should. For Dilly, how's the surround? I really liked Depp in his earlier movies, including Fear and Loathing.
Well, it’s been awhile since I’ve seen it; (but just for Dilly) I see it had a BD release with 7.1 DTS HD Master Audio, so next time it’s on... of course looks like the original DVD only had Dulby Digital :unsure:

Most of my brief "reviews" mention the surround mix. I intentionally try and keep it brief (maybe too brief) as I don't want to spoil a movie for anyone. I dig 4-earredwonder's posts too. He's usually miles ahead of other outlets for upcoming releases too.

Yep - I don't think Ralph (4-E) needs to do any more than he already does. Since QQ is my go to site for surround, I don't bother (ever) looking at other sites for movie reviews, etc. Whenever I do peek at this thread, I'm always appreciative that he posts about upcoming releases. That said, I don't watch movies, hardly ever. Anyway, the thread title doesn't suggest that this is a review. So, guess it can be whatever. If someone doesn't like it, certainly don't have to even look at it. Go Ralph! :)

Back