Films (Almost Entirely Surround)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's some potentially good news for fans of the "Jack Reacher" books.
Many felt that Tom Cruise who played the roll in two movies was horribly cast for the part (Tom's about 5'-7"); Reacher should be a huge man about 6'-5" 250 lbs along with other attributes.
Amazon is bringing it in as a series.

https://deadline.com/2020/09/alan-r...on-tv-series-lee-child-adaptation-1234570323/

When Nicole Kidman, Cruise's EX, appeared on The David Letterman Show shortly after their divorce, she confided to Dave [on National TV]: "Now I can finally wear heels again."

Wirthout heels, Kidman is 5'11"

Last edited:
Does that mean she's as tall as Chucky if he's not wearing heels?

Isn't Chucky something like 6'5". Poor Tiny Tom telling his gorgeous Nikki ..... 'Ya can't wear heels!' But it's well known that Tom does wear elevator shoes. And Tom also had an issue when he co~starred with Brad Pitt [6'0"] in 'Interview With The Vampire' claiming Pitt's height eclipsed him.

Get over it Prima Donna Tom: you got MORE money than ... well you know WHO!

Last edited:
Isn't Chucky something like 6'5". Poor Tiny Tom telling his gorgeous Nikki ..... 'Ya can't wear heels!' But it's well known that Tom does wear elevator shoes. And Tom also had an issue when he co~starred with Brad Pitt [6'0"] in 'Interview With The Vampire' claiming Pitt's height eclipsed him.

Get over it Prima Donna Tom: you got MORE money than ... well you know WHO!
Then, perhaps Tom should have starred with Michael J Fox at 5' 4".

Here's some potentially good news for fans of the "Jack Reacher" books.
Many felt that Tom Cruise who played the roll in two movies was horribly cast for the part (Tom's about 5'-7"); Reacher should be a huge man about 6'-5" 250 lbs along with other attributes.
Amazon is bringing it in as a series.

https://deadline.com/2020/09/alan-r...on-tv-series-lee-child-adaptation-1234570323/
Cool! He looks the part at least. I dug the first Reacher movie. Tom don't look a thing like him but behaved like he does in the books. That scene near the end with Tom on the phone letting them know that he's gonna get 'em was great. Cool car chase too; just engine, no music or epileptic editing. The second Reacher movie... not so much. Started out alright but ended up weak - just like the book.

And surprisingly, according to Spielberg, the original camera negative from Jaws [1975] was in deplorable condition and the original sound design was Monaural. So what you're seeing today, MOST especially with the Native4K version is superior to what was projected in theaters in 1975 not to mention the repurposed 7.1 and NOW ATMOS audio remix/remaster!

Last edited:
Found a copy of this while browsing a used record store in St. Paul
1599667464379.png
It has a Dolby Digital 5.1 mix!
A tale of two reviews:
http://www.digitallyobsessed.com/displaylegacy.php?ID=5912https://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/10387/sweeney-todd-the-demon-barber-of-fleet-street/

Coming December 1st from HBO, the 5 part miniseries in Native UHD4K. From Director Johan Renck [Breaking Bad] [HDR10/5.1]

Will also be available as a Best Buy exclusive steelbook edition.
IMO, an absolutely riveting mini series!

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:
An Absolute BLAST and simply an amazing upgrade from 1080p to Native UHD4K [HDR10/Dolby Vision/5.1]. Sam Raimi's landmark horror fest and unique style of filmmaking influenced many future horror films while still managing to maintain a wicked sense of humor.

51cuUgKsL-L.jpg

See the source image

Last edited:
This is ONE AMAZING EXPERIENCE!
1600039182954.png

Not only does it look phenomenal in 4K UHD, but the Dolby True HD 7.1 (also in Atmos) BLEW ME AWAY! From the opening bursts of flame, my subwoofer was on fire, and not even the incessant and immersive rain on the soundtrack could put it out! And the Vangelis soundtrack NEVER sounded better! This may be the single greatest surround sound cinematic experience in my collection. I ordered it after @J. PUPSTER wrote about looking for great noir titles. It arrived after my computer died. It's SO good that I've enjoyed this neo-noir three times so far--it continues to impress! Turn it UP! Stay Surrounded, Comrades!
https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Blade-Runner-4K-Blu-ray/181637/#Review

Last edited:
This is ONE AMAZING EXPERIENCE!
View attachment 56290

Not only does it look phenomenal in 4K UHD, but the Dolby True HD 7.1 (also in Atmos) BLEW ME AWAY! From the opening bursts of flame, my subwoofer was on fire, and not even the incessant and immersive rain on the soundtrack could put it out! And the Vangelis soundtrack NEVER sounded better! This may be the single greatest surround sound cinematic experience in my collection. I ordered it after @J. PUPSTER wrote about looking for great noir titles. It arrived after my computer died. It's SO good that I've enjoyed this neo-noir three times so far--it continues to impress! Turn it UP! Stay Surrounded, Comrades!
https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Blade-Runner-4K-Blu-ray/181637/#Review
Mr Clement... you have 4K UHD at home? That escaped me. What are watching it on?

A taut little thriller, now streaming on Netflix, which has a great U turn ending. The cast ain't too shabby either. A bit of trivia: actress Margaret Qualley is the daughter of actress Andie MacDowell. Image result for andie mcdowell actress

See the source image

See the source image

Last edited:
“Away”. Highly recommended series on Netflix. Good Atmos mix, especially during nicely choreographed action scenes in space. “Away” portrays the first human mission to Mars. Excellent cast including Hillary Swank as the commander. Characters are deeply written and believable. Here’s hoping for a season 2!

Last edited:
Mr Clement... you have 4K UHD at home? That escaped me. What are watching it on?
I've a minute before things get rolling at the clinic! I went to buy an OLED TV last February, and the salesman talked me out of it! He encouraged me to save some money and buy this Samsung

65" RU7100 Flat Smart 4K UHD TV Series 7

And I've been pumping that money I saved into surround sound releases ever since! Off to work!

Back