Films (Almost Entirely Surround)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also from the Columbia Classics VOLUME II UHD4K Collection:

https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Taxi-Driver-4K-Blu-ray/245494/#Review

R.a14270371458e38078efa6b02cbe6de6

And what should arrive in today's mail:

71-q6mKeoeS._SL1500_.jpg

Columbia Classics 4K Ultra HD Collection Volume 2 Anatomy of a Murder / Oliver! / Taxi Driver / Stripes / Sense and Sensibility / The Social Network SET 14

DUNE [Native UHD4K/STEELBOOK EDITION]:

81PnApO9EeS._SL1500_.jpg

Watched this last night [FINALLY]! Remastered in 4K......Excellent remaster but would still prefer a FULL NATIVE UHD4K Remaster
IMO, one of Carpenter's finest creations!
81nO0wcOH9L._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
Coming January 18. 2022 from Criterion, the Native UHD4K version of A HARD DAYS NIGHT personally supervised by Director Richard Lester [HDR10/Dolby Vision/DTS~HD MA 5.1/MONO/Stereo]

297993_front.jpg

GRUV.com is having a Halloween [and beyond] sale on their website and until the end of Octber 2021 is offering a FURTHER 20% off discount [code: WEENHAP20] off their already LOW [LOW] Prices:

https://www.gruv.com/category/4k_uhd_multi_buy_offers
BTW, during their 2 for $22 sale on UHD4K discs, that 20% discount further reduces the price of each 4K disc to $8.80!

I keep trying to buy Van Helsing on 4k and it is rarely available. I thought my wife and I were the only people that enjoy that flick ... or we are and they only ran 10 copies of it.

I keep trying to buy Van Helsing on 4k and it is rarely available. I thought my wife and I were the only people that enjoy that flick ... or we are and they only ran 10 copies of it.

WHEW! THE best price so far but currently out of stock ..... same with DD and ImportCD. Didn't realize it was such a popular title.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Van-Helsing-4K-Ultra-HD-Blu-ray/750158088
If you have a walmart near you maybe you should check it out and see if there's a copy lurking 'in the stacks!'

A MOST startling film from the late director Jean~Claude Lauzon currently only available on DVD with an amazing discrete DTS 5.1 soundtrack

Jean-Claude Lauzon's highly praised film tells the strange story of Léolo, a young boy from Montréal. Told from Léolo's point-of-view, the film depicts his family of lunatics and Léolo's attempts to deal with them. Not one individual in the boy's life is well adjusted. His brother, after being beaten up, spends the film bulking up on growth protein. The grandfather hires half-naked girls to bite off his toenails and, in a brutal rage, almost kills Léolo. As he witnesses his family decay around him, Léolo retreats into himself and the fantasy world he has constructed. In response to the weirdness of his daily life, Léolo creates a little mental mayhem of his own which Lauzon renders in an amazing series of free-form, surreal images. Eventually, this precarious balance of reality and fantasy cracks and Léolo is hospitalized after attempting to murder his grandfather. The score by Tom Waits underscores the narrative arc of Léolo's breakdown. On its release, the film won numerous awards including the International Fantasy Film Award for Best Director (1992) and a Genie Award for Best Original Screenplay (1992).

51JY-eOMgpL.jpg

Last edited:
Back