Films (Almost Entirely Surround)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
KINO LORBER Home Entertainment will release the following movies in the first Quarter of 2022 in Native UHD4K.

Steven Soderbergh's OUT OF SIGHT with George Clooney and Jennifer Lopez
Stanley Kubrick's Classic Wartime Drama PATHS OF GLORY with Kirk Douglas
William Friedkin's TO LIVE AND DIE IN LA
Orson Welles' Classic TOUCH OF EVIL

KINO LORBER Home Entertainment will release the following movies in the first Quarter of 2022 in Native UHD4K.

Steven Soderbergh's OUT OF SIGHT with George Clooney and Jennifer Lopez
Stanley Kubrick's Classic Wartime Drama PATHS OF GLORY with Kirk Douglas
William Friedkin's TO LIVE AND DIE IN LA
Orson Welles' Classic TOUCH OF EVIL
Hmmm, might have to upgrade my To Live and Die in LA and Touch of Evil BDs!

Coming February 22, 2022 from SCREAM FACTORY the Native UHD4K remaster of Lewis Teague's ALLIGATOR, a great B movie with a witty screenplay by none other than John Sayles!

Last edited:
Love those $9.99 Black Friday Amazon blow~outs! Watched British Film Director Paul Greengrass' [the Bourne Movies] wonderful NEWS OF THE WORLD in Native UHD4K last night with America's Sweetheart TOM HANKS who brought passion and gravity to the role of a former Civil War soldier who travels from town to town in Texas bringing headline news to the towns people isolated from the outside world. He comes upon an overturned rig and finds a black man hanging from a tree and a young girl who is frightened and only speaks Kiowa, a native Indian dialect but her blond hair and piercing blue eyes belie her origin...a German immigrant who was kidnapped from her parents who were brutally murdered and raised by the Kiowa Indians. What ensues is a perilous journey to return the girl to her surviving family. Technical merits and James Newton Howard's marvelous film score on this Universal UHD4K disc remain HIGH!

See the source image

Last edited:
Those who wax nostalgic for the OLD HOLLYWOOD might want to behold a chesnut from 1978 directed by Billy Wilder called FEDORA. It's now streaming on Amazon Prime and includes an all star cast from the once 'golden era...' William Holden, José Ferrer, Marthe Keller, Hildegard Nef, Frances Sternhagen and a guest appearance by Henry Fonda [awkward to say the least]. Filmed on the Greek Island of Corfu, some have called it the Greek Sunset Boulevard. Billy Wilder has certainly given us some instant classics like SOME LIKE IT HOT, the aforementioned SUNSET BOULEVARD and THE APARTMENT but FEDORA is certainly considered an 'oddity' in his later film ouvre. Recommended to film buffs, who like myself, enjoy that ole Hollywood kitsch every once in awhile as an alternative to the Marvel and DC Universe!

Also available in a 'restoration' from OLIVE FILMS from the original camera negative:

https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Fedora-Blu-ray/110709/#Review

51ddLZHW7uL.jpg

Last edited:
Nothing to do with a new release, but I just watched Apocalypse Now: Final Cut on BBC iPlayer there and wow, what a film! I remember going to see AN Redux in the cinema when it came out and I bought it on DVD when it was released as well, but it's been so long since I've watched it I decided to watch the final cut version seeing as it was available for streaming. Some of the content is bizarre, but a lot of it is thoroughly gripping, especially the scenes with Marlon Brando. Even though the soundtrack was in stereo only, it sounded absolutely incredible. I know you all know this already but Apocalypse Now - in one flavour or another - is recommended viewing!

I see there's a 4k native transfer release for AN Final Cut so if I end up buying a 4k player then I'll almost certainly buy a copy, even though I don't appreciate the cow sacrifice footage towards the end.

Nothing to do with a new release, but I just watched Apocalypse Now: Final Cut on BBC iPlayer there and wow, what a film! I remember going to see AN Redux in the cinema when it came out and I bought it on DVD when it was released as well, but it's been so long since I've watched it I decided to watch the final cut version seeing as it was available for streaming. Some of the content is bizarre, but a lot of it is thoroughly gripping, especially the scenes with Marlon Brando. Even though the soundtrack was in stereo only, it sounded absolutely incredible. I know you all know this already but Apocalypse Now - in one flavour or another - is recommended viewing!

I see there's a 4k native transfer release for AN Final Cut so if I end up buying a 4k player then I'll almost certainly buy a copy, even though I don't appreciate the cow sacrifice footage towards the end.

I saw Apocalypse Now in Manhattan in 70mm and 6 track Dolby upon its initial release, Derek and its impact on me was instantaneous! Now that you have your new OLED TV and the price of 4K movies have come WAY DOWN, here's a link to AmzonUS' 'giveaway' pricing for the 6 disc UHD4K restoration from the original camera negative:

https://www.amazon.com/Apocalypse-N...v&sprefix=apocalypse+now,movies-tv,146&sr=1-1

Back