Films (Almost Entirely Surround)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A great flick. Haven't seen it for many years. I still have it on an as-yet unwatched BD I got for about $5 years ago. Not sure if I'll upgrade just yet.

Man, the Kube ruled. Except for Fear and Desire but hey, gotta start somewhere.

Sterling Hayden was the man too. Got a Silver Star if what I read on the Internets is the troof.

Elisha Cook Jr's in it too. He was a cool guy. There's a dude at my local hardware store who is a dead ringer for him. I've often done a double-take when I've seen him in there. "Whoa, it's... oh, no it isn't."

See the source image

Would you buy a chainsaw from this dude?

Last edited:
With Ukraine in the news, this absolutely astounding HBO mini series hailed throughout the world for excellence is now available at AmazonUS for $20.64.
[Native UHD4K/HDR10/Dolby Vision/DTS~HD MA 5.1/4 discs]

https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Chernobyl-4K-Blu-ray/276540/#Review

At the 71st Prime-time Emmy Awards, it received nineteen nominations and won for Outstanding Limited Series, Outstanding Directing, and Outstanding Writing, while Harris, Skarsgard, and Watson received acting nominations.

Chernobyl was named best limited series at the 2020 Golden Globes.

"Chernobyl" won for best mini-series and leading actor for Jared Harris at the BAFTA TV Craft Awards.

Last edited:
Reading all the VERY positive and VERY downright NEGATIVE reviews regarding Lisa Joy's Reminiscence, I said what the heck and sprung for Warner's fantastic Native UHD4K release when Amazon blew it out for under $13! Glad I did. Despite the criticisms, I thoroughly enjoyed this modern film noir loose retelling of Greek mythology's Orpheus and Eurydice's journey into hell. And Hell is modern Miami now underwater where the denizens sleep during the day because of the extreme temps and come alive at night. Hugh Jackman, Rebecca Ferguson and Thandie Newton are all superb and while the script can be a bit saccharine at times everything coalesces in the end in a sadly tragic ending.

And who knew Rebecca Ferguson had such an extraordinary singing voice? Her version of WHERE OR WHEN is stunning!

Since Reminiscence is now streaming on HBO max, catch it if you can but as presented by Warner Home Video, the Native UHD4K with HDR10, Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos is state of the art.

51RcSyk6XkL.jpg

Coming July 26th from KINO LORBER, Stanley Kubrick's THE KILLING [Native UHD4K from the original camera negative/HDR10/Dolby Vision/DTS~HD MA 2.0]

81lj5uDqwQL._SL1500_.jpg
Man this is actually such a well done film especially for 1956. I watched it for the first time a few months ago (albeit a bad rip and in the incorrect aspect ratio), and had so much fun with it. I heard we're supposed to be getting a new 4K scan/disc for Paths of Glory from Kino as well, can't wait for that one!

Back