Films (Almost Entirely Surround)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, a list of guesses. :D If this is anything like picking new Doctors, it'll end up being someone nobody has guessed. (I think only Capaldi got mentioned significantly before he was announced.)

So, a list of guesses. :D If this is anything like picking new Doctors, it'll end up being someone nobody has guessed. (I think only Capaldi got mentioned significantly before he was announced.)

Well according to uber producer Barbara Broccoli, it definitely will not be a woman. But a black JB ... Hmmmm!

Personally, I think Tom Hardy would be GREAT for the role ......

See the source image

I'd Kick Butt as BOND!

Last edited:
Speaking of JB, I watched Universal's spectacular Native UHD4K version of NO TIME TO DIE last night [HDR10/Dolby Vision/Dolby ATMOS] and have mixed emotions. Never have I seen Bond so vulnerable and did he really die at the end? As Craig's swan song as Bond, it was visually superb, had some great action set pieces but overall I really wasn't that invested in the plot. If the franchise is to continue ... and thrive, better make an excellent choice as the next contender for 007 and get some fresh script writers for a series that, as of late, has been showing some genuine splitting at the seams!

Image 1 - No Time to Die (2021) - Collector's Edition 4K Ultra HD + Blu-ray + Digital [4K

From the Digitalbits website:

Kino Lorber Studio Classics has now teased new 4K UHD releases of George P. Cosmatos’ Leviathan (1989) and Ben Stiller’s Tropic Thunder (2008). Both are listed as “coming soon.” That last one is particularly interesting, as it’s part of a new content distribution deal the company has signed with Paramount Home Entertainment. The deal apparently includes some 65 titles in all on Blu-ray (8 of which are being released on disc for the first time), including 16 on 4K Ultra HD. Among these are old Republic titles, though reportedly none released previously by Olive Films. Given KLSC’s recent focus on Sergio Leone westerns, we think it’s a good bet that Leone’s Once Upon a Time in the West (1968) will be among the 4K titles.

Sweet Charity (1969) BD:
1. DTS-MA 5.1 doesn't have too much discrete activity in the surrounds but the fidelity is superb and the low end is excellent.
2. I'm not typically one for musicals but I am one for Shirley Maclaine and you can't take your eyes off her the whole movie. Such a great flick. I think I watched the whole thing with a smile on my face.
3. I got this standard edition: Sweet Charity Blu-ray (Indicator Series) (United Kingdom)
4. Includes a version with the 1 minute overture, without the 1 minute overture, and a third version with an alternate ending (you can watch the alternate ending by itself too).

Just arrived War Of The Worlds 1953
Criterion new restored edition with a 5.1 DTS soundtrack plus the original mono.

I was actually able to purchase LAST NIGHT IN SOHO for $13.99 [UHD4K] from GRUV.COM an American retailer. Even included free s/h. The movie's a blast and it included appearances from UK's golden age of cinema actors Diana Rigg, Rita Tushingham and Terence Stamp.

I was actually able to purchase LAST NIGHT IN SOHO for $13.99 [UHD4K] from GRUV.COM an American retailer. Even included free s/h. The movie's a blast and it included appearances from UK's golden age of cinema actors Diana Rigg, Rita Tushingham and Terence Stamp.
Thanks for the heads up on the gruv deal! Been wanting to check this one out. :)

Awaken (2021) 4K:
1. I'd never heard of this but came across it during a recent Vinegar Syndrome sale.
2. Excellent, constant use of the surrounds and LFE.
3. Shot in 4K and the Dolby Vision looks superb., colours are spectacular, reference stuff.
4. Lots of timelapse. Likes me my timelapse I does.
5. The director has worked with Godfrey Reggio (Koyaanisqatsi) and Terence Malick, and they're both executive producers of this. If you dug Koyaanisqatsi, Baraka and Samsara, this one fits nicely in that stable.
6. Here's a link: Awaken [Gunpowder & Sky]

Back