Films (Almost Entirely Surround)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From director James Wan [The Conjuring] and Warner Home Video MALIGNANT [Native UHD4K/HDR10/DTS~HD MA 5.1]

https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Malignant-4K-Blu-ray/314252/#Review
61jh3f54lfL.jpg

Not a film but a series “Jack Ryan” on amazon prime, in 4k and atmos, looks and sounds amazing, big budget for a tv show but with Michael Bay involved that goes without saying

My haul (and FedEx claims my special Walmart slipcover version of Everything Everywhere All At Once is arriving either today… but originally scheduled for tomorrow. I’m placing bets on tomorrow)

Lots of watching, and I still have stuff from previous sales 😅

The RoboCop release might have the most audio cuts I’ve ever seen included on a disc. Original theatrical stereo and quad tracks, home theater 5.1 tracks, and an Atmos track (naturally with a fallback 7.1). So on both discs, both cuts, you get 2.0, 4.0, 5.1, 7.1, Atmos. Fantastic!

Attachments

• A4F36F93-B310-496B-B8E9-216CCCDB62F9.jpeg
    A4F36F93-B310-496B-B8E9-216CCCDB62F9.jpeg
    175.5 KB · Views: 21
Barnes and Noble 50% Criterion sale is now live, to include 4k and even preorders like Raging Bull in 4k.

FYI, NOT all 4K pre orders receive the discount and B&N's 10% off coupon code JULY4TH does NOT apply to these Criterion 1/2 price titles. But thanks for the info, Marplot! Ordered 5 titles!

And my 9 Kino Lorber titles arrived today ..... Great deals and looking forward to indulging my viewing over the 4th of July week end!

Last edited:
Just got back from one of my most awaited movies of the year…of course it was on Real 3D with a WICKED SOUNDTRACK!
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5113044/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

Kap, the woman who works for me is taking her 16 year old son to see MINIONS at a local Dolby Theater. Reserved seating for two NOT INCLUDING REFRESHMENTS: $45 BUCKS!

What ever happened to the ole days when for 25 cents I saw a double feature, 10 cartoons and a NEWSREEL?

R.03d7647bbf2b11552afa63eb7408d6c7

Kap, the woman who works for me is taking her 16 year old son to see MINIONS at a local Dolby Theater. Reserved seating for two NOT INCLUDING REFRESHMENTS: $45 BUCKS!

What ever happened to the ole days when for 25 cents I saw a double feature, 10 cartoons and a NEWSREEL?

R.03d7647bbf2b11552afa63eb7408d6c7
Oh man!
ours was Real 3D for 2 adults…well, me and me wife but I am counted as an adult…and it was $37 without refreshments, I must say it was worth it and the ATMOS soundtrack was awesome, including the music!
the “Dolby” hall is bigger and with really souped up speakers, I took a peek when I went to see Lightyear but I prefer 3D!

So (too...) many sales.
GRUV, all on sale and joined the mailing list for 20% more
Serenity 4k
Doom 4k pre-order
Us/Get Out 4k
Universal Monsters Icons Of Horror 4k

B&N Criterion
Shaft 4k
Umberto D. br
Walker br
Miracle In Milan br

On August 9th, Paramount Home Video will release director Paul W.S. Anderson's EVENT HORIZON in a limited steelbook edition in Native UHD4K [HDR10/Dolby Vision/Dolby True HD 5.1]

71CysESuRSL._SL1500_.jpg

From Brazil: AUGUST WINDS [VENTOS de AGOSTO] Kino Lorber sales are wonderful because they allow one to experience obscure cinema one might not otherwise indulge in. A 75 minute excursion into the lives of rural Brazilians whose everyday existence is uneventful and yet plagued with the reality that with climate change the oceans are encroaching on their simple lives. Gorgeously photographed with an extremely immersive DTS~HD MA 5.1 soundtrack.

815-mIxGHWL._SL1500_.jpg

From BLUE UNDERGROUND and director William Lustig UNCLE SAM [Native UHD4K from original camera negative/HDR10/Dolby Vision/Dolby ATMOS]

http://thedigitalbits.com/item/uncle-sam-arrow-2022-uhd
91vcAAe+L8L._SL1500_.jpg

A MUCH BETTER THAN AVERAGE B Horror MOVIE which was a popular staple of video rentals during the 'swingin' 80's. Blue Underground's Native UHD4K presentation replete with remastered DTS~HD MA 5.1 is EXQUISITE. An ATMOS soundtrack is also included. Nice 3D Lenticular cover, as well. And a great 4th of July FLICK! RECOMMENDED!

Last edited:
A MUCH BETTER THAN AVERAGE B Horror MOVIE which was a popular staple of video rentals during the 'swingin' 80's. Blue Underground's Native UHD4K presentation replete with remastered DTS~HD MA 5.1 is EXQUISITE. An ATMOS soundtrack is also included. Nice 3D Lenticular cover, as well. And a great 4th of July FLICK! RECOMMENDED!
You guys are going to break me! Lots of great suggestions here though... @Clement recently mentioned Baby Driver and I'd never heard of it but liked the other Edgar Wright pictures I've seen. So I went into it completely blind and really enjoyed it. Great, unique story and fantastic surround. Thanks for the recommendations!

You guys are going to break me! Lots of great suggestions here though... @Clement recently mentioned Baby Driver and I'd never heard of it but liked the other Edgar Wright pictures I've seen. So I went into it completely blind and really enjoyed it. Great, unique story and fantastic surround. Thanks for the recommendations!

While AmazonUS usually has the best deals on BD~V and UHD4K movies [especially during those Black Friday sales], I find Deep Discount, MOST especially during their frequent 15% off sales on IN STOCK ITEMS, usually offer the better deals on boutique UHD4K discs. I did save $10 by purchasing UNCLE SAM from Deep Discount over AmazonUS' price during their last 15% off sale!

Back