Films (Almost Entirely Surround)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
YOWSA, just finished watching Warner Home Video's EXTRAORDINARY Native UHD4K remaster of Tobe Hooper's POLTERGEIST. All I can say is WOW!

An excellent 80's film and whether the controversy that Steve Spielberg actually directed the flick [his signature is ALL OVER IT] or Tobe Hooper will be a question for the ages.

Sound and Pic are A+ ..... And another amazing Black Friday $9.99 special from Amazon US.

If you have any love for the flick ... JUST BUY IT!

Last edited:
From 20th Century Studios/Disney and director David O. Russell AMSTERDAM [Native UHD4K/HDR10/Dolby ATMOS]

https://ultrahd.highdefdigest.com/111766/amsterdam4kultrahdbluray.html
717JKn8yVuL._SL1354_.jpg

YOWSA, just finished watching Warner Home Video's EXTRAORDINARY Native UHD4K remaster of Tobe Hooper's POLTERGEIST. All I can say is WOW!

An excellent 80's film and whether the controversy that Steve Spielberg actually directed the flick [his signature is ALL OVER IT] or Tobe Hooper will be a question for the ages.

Sound and Pic are A+ ..... And another amazing Black Friday $9.99 special from Amazon US.

If you have any love for the flick ... JUST BUY IT!
I couldn't resist at that price either even though I just bought the recent blu-ray a year or so ago. Even that disc looked great and the movie is still a lot of fun. Can't wait to check out the 4K!

After a 3 year wait, my SONY VPL~VW995ES 4K Laser 3D projector [with glass lens] has finally been delivered along with a 120" Display Technology Ltd 3 layered screen from the UK! Should be installed on December 12th ...... Due to the pandemic everything had been ON HOLD.

Wish me luck ....been waiting a lifetime for this moment ...... And the very fact it does 3D is such a bonus. I have well over 120 3D titles!

R.3128ecb56560897b072354033a16a60b

Last edited:
Hopefully, when the new James Cameron AVATAR: THE WAY OF WATER is released on December 16th in REAL 3D, the studios and FLATSCREEN hardware manufacturers will take notice and start a 3D renaissance of sorts.

Whether you were a fan of Cameron's original AVATAR in 3D [I certainly was], if you saw it in theaters it was mind blowing ..... You were actually IN the movie.

While 3D remains popular in Japan and parts of Europe, U.S. distribution has been on a perpetual downslide. And with the latest OLED TVs and a suitable 3D Universal player, I will reiterate, 3D in MOST instances looks astounding ..... almost 4K like in image quality and in fact, better than some UHD4K discs!

See the source image

PUT ON YOUR 3D GLASSES AND GROOVE WITH ME

After a 3 year wait, my SONY VPL~VW995ES 4K Laser 3D projector [with glass lens] has finally been delivered along with a 120" Display Technology Ltd 3 layered screen from the UK! Should be installed on December 12th ...... Due to the pandemic everything had been ON HOLD.

Wish me luck ....been waiting a lifetime for this moment ...... And the very fact it does 3D is such a bonus. I have well over 120 3D titles!

R.3128ecb56560897b072354033a16a60b
please direct me to where I can buy one!
Cheers!

please direct me to where I can buy one!
Cheers!
I purchased mine 3 years ago through my Meridian marketing rep who now has his own business in Atlanta Georgia at a 'nice' discount [$28K] Sadly, the price has NOW increased to $39K .........which even I admit is RIDICULOUS. But a lifetime of hard work and prudent investments does have its rewards, Kap!

Hey, I don't have to go to the movies...anymore. Besides the popcorn is better and WAAAYYY cheaper at home!

Hopefully, when the new James Cameron AVATAR: THE WAY OF WATER is released on December 16th in REAL 3D, the studios and FLATSCREEN hardware manufacturers will take notice and start a 3D renaissance of sorts.

Whether you were a fan of Cameron's original AVATAR in 3D [I certainly was], if you saw it in theaters it was mind blowing ..... You were actually IN the movie.

While 3D remains popular in Japan and parts of Europe, U.S. distribution has been on a perpetual downslide. And with the latest OLED TVs and a suitable 3D Universal player, I will reiterate, 3D in MOST instances looks astounding ..... almost 4K like in image quality and in fact, better than some UHD4K discs!

See the source image

You are right. Seeing that movie in 3D at the theater was a trip. It was an example of how good 3D could be if done right. Unfortunately they have waited so long for the sequel that I almost don't care anymore. Perhaps I will go see it at the theater but I can't say I am that excited about it's release.

You are right. Seeing that movie in 3D at the theater was a trip. It was an example of how good 3D could be if done right. Unfortunately they have waited so long for the sequel that I almost don't care anymore. Perhaps I will go see it at the theater but I can't say I am that excited about it's release.
IMAX, Native 3D, ATMOS ...you just know Cameron is going to pull out all stops for this sequel in a fervent quest to surpass the original. He is, after all, a SHOWMAN.

Way too long between sequels but he has a few more planned after The Way Of Water!

A very nice holiday gift for his fans.

Tickets, Please

Last edited:

See the source image

The biggest reason I’m stickin with my Samsung TV with its streaky blacks is that it’s 3D. Avatar NEEDS 3D, otherwise it’s just a pretty good S-F flic with pretty good CG.

I hear you Barfle
I still use my early Sony 4k TV even though it is pre HDR and Dolby because it has great passive 3D I dont want to give up.
I should have got the last generation LG oled with 3D as it fully implements 4K

Maybe I can import a Japanese 8K tv with 3D..............

Back