Films (Almost Entirely Surround)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Incomparable Nic Cage and Nicholas Hoult in RENFIELD [The Dracula Sucks Edition]

https://bluray.highdefdigest.com/116673/renfield.html

71vSYQCQBnL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
Warner Archives July 2023 Release Schedule

https://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=32734
I'm most interested in director Robert Wise's HELEN OF TROY which was a favorite in my youth. With a cast of 20,000 extras.....NOT CGI. Imagine pulling that off TODAY?

The FACE that launched 1,000 ships ..... and 20K extras!

And with Bridget Bardot in a supporting role

Watch Helen of Troy (1956) Free Online

BB in Helen of Troy

Last edited:
From the digitalbits website:

Warner Bros. Discovery Home Entertainment will release Robert Clouse’s Enter the Dragon (1973) on 4K Ultra HD on 9/12. The title is already up for pre-order on Zavvi. We expect it to be officially announced soon, and to appear on Amazon and elsewhere as well.

Enter the Dragon (4K Ultra HD)

DISNEY+ is now streaming James Cameron's AVATAR THE WAY OF WATER in 4K/DOLBY Vision/DD 5.1 and the results are spectacular. The film will be released on June 20th in Native UHD4K and 3D and since I'm about 3/4 through the film all I can say is I'm utterly amazed what Cameron has accomplished in this sequel!

And I'm definitely going to spring for the 3D version as it certainly lends itself to the format [it was shot in REAL 3D].

And since it does fill up the screen I'm assuming Cameron used the IMAX version for release [NO black bars]

VERY HIGHLY RECOMMENDED and I urge those with DISNEY+ to avail themselves to this awesomely conceived sequel!

2048x2048 Avatar 2 Movie 4K Ipad Air Wallpaper, HD Movies 4K Wallpapers ...

DISNEY+ is now streaming James Cameron's AVATAR THE WAY OF WATER in 4K/DOLBY Vision/DD 5.1 and the results are spectacular. The film will be released on June 20th in Native UHD4K and 3D and since I'm about 3/4 through the film all I can say is I'm utterly amazed what Cameron has accomplished in this sequel!

And I'm definitely going to spring for the 3D version as it certainly lends itself to the format [it was shot in REAL 3D].

And since it does fill up the screen I'm assuming Cameron used the IMAX version for release [NO black bars]

VERY HIGHLY RECOMMENDED and I urge those with DISNEY+ to avail themselves to this awesomely conceived sequel!

2048x2048 Avatar 2 Movie 4K Ipad Air Wallpaper, HD Movies 4K Wallpapers ...
I'll have to try harder! I've terrestrial TV, satellite TV (Sky), Netflix & Disney+ and I end up sitting in front of the PC browsing QQ :ROFLMAO:

RE the new Avatar it is spectacular looking and I can tell the streaming version is not as good as what you will see on disc. Was happy the screen size was full format. Saw it in 3D at the theater with my son. Just enjoy the visual and dont analyze it for story etc.....

Or is this a picture of Steven Wilson after he listened to the Rhino upcoming new quad reissues?

I'll have to try harder! I've terrestrial TV, satellite TV (Sky), Netflix & Disney+ and I end up sitting in front of the PC browsing QQ :ROFLMAO:
Well, DUNC, time to turn on the tele and behold James Cameron's masterpiece of visual splendor. I kept saying to myself "How does he do this ...' Almost puts all other Marvel Movies CGI to utter SHAME [not that I'm a BIG fan of Marvel ......small doses]

Best not to watch it in one sitting ...... over 3 hours and visually exhausting as in what is REAL and what is CGI? And the immersive soundtrack helps as well.

Cannot wait to see it in 3D. On my LG OLED 3D TV, it's almost akin to watching it in Native UHD4K.

BRING BACK 3D TV ........

Well, DUNC, time to turn on the tele and behold James Cameron's masterpiece of visual splendor. I kept saying to myself "How does he do this ...' Almost puts all other Marvel Movies CGI to utter SHAME [not that I'm a BIG fan of Marvel ......small doses]

Best not to watch it in one sitting ...... over 3 hours and visually exhausting as in what is REAL and what is CGI? And the immersive soundtrack helps as well.

Cannot wait to see it in 3D. On my LG OLED 3D TV, it's almost akin to watching it in Native UHD4K.

BRING BACK 3D TV ........
Sound and Vision magazine’s latest issue has a feature article on how JC made the movie. Seems like a helluva lotta work, but then if was easy, I could have done it.

And I’m hanging on to my 3D setup for dear life!

The Texas Chain Saw Massacre (1974) 4K:

1. I got this one: The Texas Chain Saw Massacre UHD I've seen comparisons to the US release which is apparently from a different scan/colour grade/whatever and the Second Sight one is the one to get apparently. They look different anyway.

2. New Atmos mix pumped out my speakers as 5.1. I couldn't tell any difference (from memory) between it and the DTS-MA 5.1/7.1 on the previous BD release. I say "from memory" as the previous 5.1 mix isn't included on this new 4K so I couldn't flick between the different audio tracks. No big deal though probably as the point is, they made a decent 5.1 mix, better than a lot of new surround mixes, from an almost 50 year old mono mix.

3. New 4K scan of the 16mm negative with Dolby Vision. Everything's as good as you can imagine it should be. Lots of grain present so it appears they didn't smear over it with the digital butter knife.

4. Still a brutal and harrowing watch. I always forget how much screaming Sally does in it. Nasty! I also always forget about that poor truck driver who either has to keep running or turn around and attempt to negotiate Leatherface's spinning chainsaw to get back to his rig. Not sure if that was addressed in a sequel but by golly, I want some answers.

Last edited:
R.b89330396c385a48d4d6ebc8d1cfabb4

Until the other evening, I had NEVER seen French Director Christophe Gans' remarkable 2001 period murder mystery BOTHERHOOD OF THE WOLF as I had read that all attempts to bring it to Blu Ray were at best mediocre!

That is until StudioCanal embarked on a stellar state of the art Native UHD4K restoration.

An amazing film, stunningly photographed, acted and it's all there to behold in StudioCanal's 4 disc set. The 4K restoration forcuses on the Director's Cut while the additional 3 disc blu ray set contains the theatrical cut and tons of bonus features.

As one of the highest grossing films in French cinema history, it would be worth your while to behold this stunning masterpiece!

Native UHD4K from the OCN/HDR10/Dolby Vision/Dolby Atmos .... French w/English subtitles

https://www.avforums.com/reviews/brotherhood-of-the-wolf-4k-blu-ray-review.20773/

The Texas Chain Saw Massacre (1974) 4K:

1. I got this one: The Texas Chain Saw Massacre UHD I've seen comparisons to the US release which is apparently from a different scan/colour grade/whatever and the Second Sight one is the one to get apparently. They look different anyway.

2. New Atmos mix pumped out my speakers as 5.1. I couldn't tell any difference (from memory) between it and the DTS-MA 5.1/7.1 on the previous BD release. I say "from memory" as the previous 5.1 mix isn't included on this new 4K so I couldn't flick between the different audio tracks. No big deal though probably as the point is, they made a decent 5.1 mix, better than a lot of new surround mixes, from an almost 50 year old mono mix.

3. New 4K scan of the 16mm negative with Dolby Vision. Everything's as good as you can imagine it should be. Lots of grain present so it appears they didn't smear over it with the digital butter knife.

4. Still a brutal and harrowing watch. I always forget how much screaming Sally does in it. Nasty! I also always forget about that poor truck driver who either has to keep running or turn around and attempt to negotiate Leatherface's spinning chainsaw to get back to his rig. Not sure if that was addressed in a sequel but by golly, I want some answers.
Totally agree, Pete. The Second Sight restoration IS the one to get. It was like watching it for the very first time. A home run, INDEED!

Back