First domestic Eagles SACDs land at Mobile Fidelity

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Given the finished bespoke cover art, I'd say these are definitely planned and were probably added to the site accordingly, but published prematurely. I'd expect an official announcement soon, followed by preorders. As to whether they'll ever get released...

According to Billboard, MoFi will release all six classic Eagles studio LPs in these formats.

Some of you may be taking out a second mortgage, LOL.

At $125 per 2 LP set, I'd say YES! But at least you'll get some exercise as they're cut at 45rpm......roughly 12~15 minutes per side so 3~4 side changes per set!

Last edited:
I believe these have all been available for awhile in Hi-Res Audio up to 24bit 192kHz from places like HDtracks / Qobuz, but the mastering compared to the MOFI will need some checking out. :unsure:

If these are QUAD DSD remastered from the 'absolute' analogue master tapes and NOT digital files, I'm sure they'll sound pretty, PRETTY good, JP!

Last edited:
So the wait for Desperado on SACD continues? Anybody ever get a copy? My pre-order has been pending since August 2021.
Not yet. I also ordered Desperado in Aug 2021.
I did send MoFi an e-mail on Dec 27, 2021 asking for a status update.
Here is the response I got on Dec 28, 2021:
Hi Ray, thanks for your order and sorry for the wait. We are still wrapping up production on the Desperado SACD while we wait for additional packaging/album art from our printer - they should be available to ship pretty soon and you'll get an email with tracking info once it's on the way. Appreciate your patience!

Back