First two Steve Howe solo albums in surround?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ssully

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Since 2002/2003
Steve indicates it's gonna happen

https://www.soundandvision.com/cont...XsWlN-XIvqrUWyENbxpvIg2Z5G43gsc5HrLuGL9bxGCuQ
Mettler: I'll await your further instruction on that one, for sure. I would also love to hear your solo material mixed in surround sound, a format we've talked about before. Has that even been a thought for you—to revisit your solo material in 5.1?

Howe: It's been on my mind a great deal, and I want to start with [October 1975's] Beginnings and Steve Howe [i.e., The Steve Howe Album] as the very first ones. It'll be a while, but that is something that's in the process. I've been accumulating tapes and I've been considering and getting advice as how to do that, and who to do it with. It would be marvelous if I got the chance to do more things in 5.1.

//
Lots of other surround chatter in the article. INcluding news (or not) about Going for the One.

Last edited:
Thanks for this link.

It's always disappointing to hear about these wonderful master tapes having gone missing. If I had to pick 2 Yes albums to put at the top of my wish list for 5.1 mixes, they'd be Going for the One and Drama, in that order. But this update from Steve doesn't sound very promising for either of therm. :( Ah well, sounds like he's at least got a handle on his own stuff.

A most illuminating article and furthermore stresses the importance of the artists themselves interacting with the surround engineer in remixing those classics.

Steve Wilson would be the ONE to remix Going for the One and Drama if those multis are indeed intact as he himself in a former interview did stress the necessity of working with the original artists during the all important remix process. A reason those King Crimson albums were so superb ..... Steve worked with Robert Fripp in realizing those superb 5.1 remixes.

I look forward to hearing Howe's early albums in 5.1. Wonder if he'll enlist the talents of Steve Wilson to do the honors?

Last edited:
Ummm, is that Robert Fripp's brother? or father maybe? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

At least I didn't say FRAPPUCINO. Corrected!

See the source image

Prediction: Mix by Stephen W. Tayler on an *ESOTERIC label package of 1 DVD (DTS/DD) and 2 CDs with original and 2021 stereo mixes.
Not a bad guess. Mark Powell has been grabbing a huge chunk of the available British prog back catalogues, and has delivered a fair amount of surround content.

Reactions: SHB
It sure would swell if Esoteric reissued multi channel mixes of all those Yes solo albums from 75-76. I think many of us would like Ramshackled, Olias and Story of I in glorious 5.1

Back