Fish announces future Dolby Atmos deluxe remixes from his back catalogue ("13th Star" out in July!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zzorchering

Fish has announced on his latest "Fish on Friday" (live facebook video chat on his FB page, every Friday at 6 pm GMT - a great watch), that there will be new Dolby Atmos mixes of his albums:

- Vigil in a wilderness of Mirrors

- Internal Exile

- 13th Star

Currently being mixed by Avril Mackintosh & Andy Bradfield. No release dates anounced yet - but they are likely to be released in the hardback book / CD / Bluray deluxe package format.

Can't wait!

If indeed they are the book format like his last release (and the Marillion deluxe sets) then I'd expect they will be quite affordable and with that you can count me in too.

Oh boy! I've had "Vigil" for many years and really like it. Definitely getting the surround version. Hope it's not a $180 box set with postcards, books, vinyl and a set of 15 complimentary mirrors.

Fish and Marillion, like Jethro Tull, have been very fan-friendly with their pricing of deluxe/surround releases. I just wish Welschmertz had been the same size package as the Marillion and JT releases, as it exceeded my shelf spacing.

Wowie kazowie! I remember he posted in the spring about Vigil and Internal Exile being remixed as a multi channel mix. 13th Star is news to me. I really dig 13th Star. This is tremendous news!

Oh boy! I've had "Vigil" for many years and really like it. Definitely getting the surround version. Hope it's not a $180 box set with postcards, books, vinyl and a set of 15 complimentary mirrors.
I wil pay £300 if the box set includes a bandana, after all that is what we buy music box sets for, hey?

Fresh update from fishmusic.scot:
1644261151331.png

‘Vigils End’ Live at Leamington November 2021
We currently have a delivery time of over 3 months on this title and with that in mind we are looking at a release in June 2022.

‘Vigils End’ will be in the same format as ‘The Last Straw’ in a hardback book but with 2 CD’s featuring the live show from Leamington and a Blu Ray disc.

The Blu Ray will have the entire Leamington show as seen on the Global Broadcast in December 2021 but it will be in 4HD with a Dolby Atmos mix created by Avril Mackintosh and Andy Bradfield.

Other additions proposed on the disc will include an hour of filmed extras from backstage at Leamington ,a revamped audio version of the show from ‘The Lemon Tree’ in March 2020 which was the first of the ‘Vigil’ album setlists, and we are looking at a full setlist compilation of multitrack audio of songs taken from the other 6 shows. All that together with a current interview with myself on the November tour makes for quite a full Blu Ray. That is the plan.

13th-Star.jpg

‘13th Star’ Remixed/ Deluxe Remaster version and Box Set vinyl

Some of you may already have heard tracks from the 2021 remixed version of ‘13th Star’ on ‘Fish on Friday’ and know how special this new version from Calum Malcolm sounds even down an iPhone feed. It sounds like a completely different album with so much more ‘oommphh’ value.

As you realise we have been sitting on this for a while and were waiting on the vinyl delivery schedule which I was told last week is now expected in late November.

The deluxe version is also going to be a lengthy wait but at 7 months we are looking at a September release depending on the artwork schedule we have to follow.

It’s a big project with a book and slipcase similar to ‘Weltschmerz’, see here. Steve is designing the sleeve and booklet using Mark Wilkinson’s artwork and I have some major work to put in on the sleeve notes and photo collections.

We are still compiling the audio but the 3 CD’s will have the Calum Malcolm remix of the album , disc 1, a collection of demos and acoustics on disc 2 with the third CD a collection of live material.

There will also be a Blu Ray disc with a Dolby Atmos mix of the remixed album created by Avril Mackintosh and Andy Bradfield, all the original interviews from the bonus disc on the 2007 release, a recently filmed interview with myself and others (which at last viewing was over 90 minutes), the entire remastered concert from Nearfest USA 2008 and some other video material we are currently sifting through and processing.

‘Vigil in a Wilderness of Mirrors’ and Internal Exile’ remasters

Although we will be working on both these projects in the coming months and preparing all the assets for production I have decided to push these releases back until February 2023.

To hit this release I will have to have the vinyl masters prepared for May and the deluxe versions with CD’s and Blu Rays by July. There’s a hell of a lot to be done.

I sincerely appreciate Fish posting a timeline for these releases. I wish they were coming out sooner, but it is nice to know there's a tentative schedule in place.

A Fish update!

This is Avril Mackintosh and Andy Bradfields studio where they're putting the finishing touches to the 'Vigils End' Dolby Atmos mix.
'13th Star' Dolby Atmos is wrapped and they are starting the 'Vigil in a Wilderness of Mirror's' Dolby Atmos mix in the autumn.
'Internal Exile' multitrack tapes are being baked and digitised next week and Calum Malcolm will be remixing the album sometime in the Summer. After that it's back to Avril and Andy to their studio for the special atmos treatment
'Vigil' and Exile' are in the release schedule for next May as we have to wait on the vinyl manufacture and the special deluxe versions
I might not be touring but there's a hell of a lot of work to sort out with reams of sleevenotes to write and photos to compile. The 2 albums next year I promise will be special
🙂

283882195_568268721327185_4557345676262268008_n.jpg

Back