Fisher from USA

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whoa, cool colours man. If receivers had a bunch of different visual feedback built into them, that'd be awesome. Imagine; a big needle flicking back and forth, or a huge spectrum analyser bouncing up and down on your screen.

Reactions: GOS
Great piece! Fisher made a number of quad units back in the '70s, the most well-known probably being the 504 receiver, as it was featured on the inner sleeve of most CBS SQ LPs.

Gotta love that joystick control :)

cbs_fisher.jpg

I haven't seen a unit with meters arranged like that before. The push button selector bank is interesting, listing SQ Logic and Phase Logic - never heard phase matrix called phase logic before. Hey, there's actually an SQ push button and an SQ Logic push button! Is that "poor quality SQ decoding", and "not quite as poor quality SQ decoding"? The Loudness Contour knob is also interesting.

Thanks par4ken. I was able to get the service manual from hifiengine, they have it identified as Fisher 634. The 634 is the exact same unit that I have. I am having a really tough time finding the owners manual.

Back