Floyd tape found in garage

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

malcolmlear

Hi,
Have just been cleaning out the garage and wow, found this Quad tape in perfect condition )) No player, so will be up on ebay soon.

For those who don't know - prior the release of the Immersion box set, this was the only way to hear the discrete Alan Parsons quad mix of DSOTM. The Capitol Q8 released in the U.S. featured a poor SQ decode rather than the discrete master. This tape is one of the ultimate quad collectibles and used to sell for crazy prices.

https://www.goldminemag.com/article...e-moon-quadraphonic-eight-track-sells-for-676

Amazing to think I was really into quad at the very start. Also found an early QS decoder I designed and built (early 70s) to enhanced separation. Result was unbelievable distortion but good separation )))

For those who don't know - prior the release of the Immersion box set, this was the only way to hear the discrete Alan Parsons quad mix of DSOTM. The Capitol Q8 released in the U.S. featured a poor SQ decode rather than the discrete master. This tape is one of the ultimate quad collectibles and used to sell for crazy prices.

https://www.goldminemag.com/article...e-moon-quadraphonic-eight-track-sells-for-676

I purchased this tape from Paul Evans last year. Plays great . It also has the cover.

By the way, the tapes foam pressure pad still seems like new, which is amazing considering the age.
I just purchase your tape mid last month and just received it. Cover is in near mint condition and the cartridge is in great shape. Haven't listened to it yet.
If you ever come across the ELO discreet tape , let us know. Looking for that one!

Last edited:
I also found a lot of items in my garage, but they were forgotten by previous owners, like a tool kit in mint condition. I guess the previous owner just wasn't a DIY enthusiast and left it on purpose.

B/W, all EMI 8 track from 73 up to the end had a slipcase in color and the label cart in B/W.
Reversed, a mistake.

Back