HiRez Poll Foo Fighters - ONE BY ONE [DVD-A]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the DVD-A of Foo Fighters - ONE BY ONE

• Total voters

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
Please post your comments, thoughts and observations.......(y) (n)

Foo Fighters Front.jpgFoo Fighters Back.jpg

Last edited:
I hadn't heard this album until the surround-sound version and was pleasantly surprised at the incredible song-writing talent of this band! The musicianship is top-notch and the production is as tight as it gets. The surround mix is icing on the cake and is quite good. Not quite a 10, though. Still, a 9 isn't something to sneeze at!

Jiminy Christmas! Somebody keeps dropping a load on these "modern" titles... Jee, I wonder who it could be... hmm...

Gads, if you don't like modern rock, why even bother listening? I don't vote on titles unless I really give 'em a chance and try and get into the music. An open mind is key... amazing what you can enjoy if you give yourself a chance.

This disc, along with the Barenaked Ladies 'Maroon' would top my list of the most overlooked 5.1 discs of modern bands...small category, I know, but they're both worth checking out.

Dave.

Great band and great songs. The mix suffers a tad from "set it and forget it" syndrome, but it's not too bad. 7

I didn't like this one too much at first, but after the third listen i like it quite a bit. Music is descent, surround mix is nice. I rate it an 8.

Sensational. The mix is outstanding, the sound quality is sweet. A must-have for anyone who likes modern rock and roll. Gotta love it. A 9.

I'm not sure what the bitrate of this DVD-A is, but I think that it is 5.1 96/24 which is very suprising considering that RCA is owned by Sony BMG. The fact that this is actually a high quality DVD-Audio disc from Sony BMG/RCA, is probably the same reason why it is out-of-print.

Definitely hunt this one down if you like the Foo Fighters!

Last edited:
I'm not sure what the bitrate of this DVD-A is, but I think that it is 5.1 96/24 which is very suprising considering that RCA is owned by Sony BMG. The fact that this is actually a high quality DVD-Audio disc from Sony BMG/RCA, is probably the same reason why it is out-of-print.

Definitely hunt this one down if you like the Foo Fighters!

FYI - The bitrate is 5.1 88.2/24. Had another listen to this today - not as bad as I'd probably voted, but I find the mix is a bit uninspriing..

Hey All,

Will vote on the DVD-A later. Just a related bit of info.

I came across a standard jewel case item called Foo Fighters DVD/EP with the same heart-like artwork as One By One (black on silver). The rear cover shows the Dolby Digital logo so I thought for four bucks I would give it a spin to see if there were surround mixes.

The content is all music videos (four of them) plus a promo video for four of their albums including notes on available bonus features. All content is stereo only. Repeat, no surround sound mixes. Interestingly, the mention of the One By One album in the promo video does not mention the availability of a DVD-A.

This item might be of interest to FooFans, but not to surround collectors.

Just FYI.

Ken

This is an horrendous recording. the most horrific sounding guitars i have heard on any mainstream release. I have heard dozens of guitarist in their bed rooms sounding better than this.

The vocals are way too low in the mix as are the drums. There is no bottom end; overall pure garbage!

Sensational. The mix is outstanding, the sound quality is sweet. A must-have for anyone who likes modern rock and roll. Gotta love it. A 9.

Ha you can't be serious? All that is in rears are horrible sounding guitars. Drums are buried. How can it be a great mix?

I gave 7 points for this release.
Unfortunately the mix is a bit dull.

Regardless of mix the guitars are some of the worst sounding i have ever heard on ANY recording. Absolutely Terrible.

Back