Foobar- How To Downmix Center Into Front L-R?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sjcorne

Staff member
Hey Everyone,

I'm running a quad system in another room (old Lafayette LA-74 receiver, 4x Paradigm bookshelf speakers). My quad files sound great, but I've noticed that when I set the channel mixer DSP to ignore the center channel when playing a 5.1 mix, it affects the EQ. Bass gets kinda boomy.

On some 5.1 mixes I've just been ignoring the center altogether and they still sound ok (on many ES mixes it's just supplemental vocals and bass). But on SW and other mixes the center is essential.

Here are my settings:
Screen Shot 2018-08-31 at 3.08.47 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-08-31 at 3.08.41 PM.png

Is there something different I should be doing here?

See on Control panel / Sound / Configure if your soundcard has a multi-channel configuration (stereo, 2.1, quad, 5.1, 7.1...) and if yes select Quad, it will downmix correctly the center channel without any need of Foobar Channel Mixer

See on Control panel / Sound / Configure if your soundcard has a multi-channel configuration (stereo, 2.1, quad, 5.1, 7.1...) and if yes select Quad, it will downmix correctly the center channel without any need of Foobar Channel Mixer
Hey! Awesome....I didn't even realize my sound card had the option for Quad..but it does. :)

Back