Foobar library not showing all titles lately

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GOS

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Sometimes, things just don't work and I don't know why. First, I have changed not a single setting......
Foobar looks up to my NAS for all my music. In the last week or so, I kept noticing that things I've placed on the NAS are NOT showing up in my Foobar library. No matter what I do......reboot modem, reboot wifi, reboot NAS, reboot laptop. Unlink from Foobar to my NAS, re-link, etc. They just will not show up.

Now, from Foobar, I can go to Files, Add Files and find those same titles that are missing...locate them on the NAS and load them manually. Yet, when I go back a day later to the library in Foobar...they are not there.

On a side note, when I go to Foobar, File, Preferences, Media Library....it constantly says "initializing". It never changes......I don't remember that to be the case (only when I first loaded all my songs from NAS to Foobar) Why is it stuck on initializing? It's been that way for a couple days now. Is that the problem, and if so....what can I do?

1544645903544.png

Hey Duncan - what would the updates have to do with my problems? :)
Foobar runs under Windows so maybe out of Sync, have you tried a reboot of the NAS.

I have noticed that sometimes I put things on my NAS, and the Oppo doesn't see the new album/folder, so I make the Oppo re-find the NAS and its there!

Noooooooooooooooooooo! I just logged into my Synology app and I had an error message from 5 days ago and it says I have a bad sector on drive 2!

I'm almost afraid to ask what the F that means....

But.......when I access my NAS library outside of Foobar, I see all the titles that are missing when IN Foobar.....so something is fishy here...anyone?

Gene, it is do to the windows update, reboot the Synology don’t go down the panic hole like I did , took me 7 days to fix my errors.
Turn off the Windows whatever you have, turn off the NAS, let both sit for 5 mins, turn on NAS, first let it blink all its lights, when done and it looks stable turn on your Windows and then your Foobar, give them time to like each other again, my JRiver took a couple hours to like my NAS, just don’t panic and try to fix at rapid speed.

Gene, it is do to the windows update, reboot the Synology don’t go down the panic hole like I did , took me 7 days to fix my errors.
Turn off the Windows whatever you have, turn off the NAS, let both sit for 5 mins, turn on NAS, first let it blink all its lights, when done and it looks stable turn on your Windows and then your Foobar, give them time to like each other again, my JRiver took a couple hours to like my NAS, just don’t panic and try to fix at rapid speed.
Good point.....I probably shouldn't panic. I mean, when I access my NAS through the desktop app, I see all the titles....and if I click on them, Foobar opens, and they play just fine.....but when I open foobar first, go to foobar library, those same titles I opened a minute ago are not even listed in foobar library.

I"ve powered down all stuff at least 4 times.....and still my library is not complete. I don't get it. I even removed the drives from my nas, cleaned them up,screwed them back in.....still.... :(

Oh hell yes!!! It's working....

So, I don't really know if this was the problem....but I had some "torrent" files stored in my music folder and I started wondering if they were goofing things up (but I've had them stored there before with no issue). So, I deleted them and BOOM, the library populated identically....

Now I can sleep tonight....

Noooooooooooooooooooo! I just logged into my Synology app and I had an error message from 5 days ago and it says I have a bad sector on drive 2!

I'm almost afraid to ask what the F that means....
All drives can have bad sectors (SSD or HDD) from new, so if it is a new error that is not a good error message. If its a new error one of your drives is starting to fail, so monitor your NAS and keep your back-up up to date. I'm assuming you've set up your Synology as a RAID 1 NAS so 1 disc mirrors the other.

All drives can have bad sectors (SSD or HDD) from new, so if it is a new error that is not a good error message. If its a new error one of your drives is starting to fail, so monitor your NAS and keep your back-up up to date. I'm assuming you've set up your Synology as a RAID 1 NAS so 1 disc mirrors the other.
I wish I had done that....back when I bought the setup, I was so damn excited to get it up and running...I just did it. I don't know how to go from where I"m at now to the setup you described. Though, I can copy all the music onto an external drive I have and redo the NAS TB drives. Or....buy a new one.

Oh hell yes!!! It's working....

So, I don't really know if this was the problem....but I had some "torrent" files stored in my music folder and I started wondering if they were goofing things up (but I've had them stored there before with no issue). So, I deleted them and BOOM, the library populated identically....

Now I can sleep tonight....
Magic happens with computers while you sleep I have found out.

This is what I have done all 4 hard drives within the NAS are copied equal plus after I finish about 10 discs ripped, (I keep a note book) I add to my back up Seagate hard drive for safety.

A foobar issue when dealing with LARGE libraries (>2000) is that, if Foobar isn't closed correctly (=power outage...) it loose part of the library index; you need to rebuild it from scratch, erasing the previous one.

A foobar issue when dealing with LARGE libraries (>2000) is that, if Foobar isn't closed correctly (=power outage...) it loose part of the library index; you need to rebuild it from scratch, erasing the previous one.

Really? That is reason enough to switch to JRiver.

That could be exactly what happened..maybe. In the end, I did erase the whole library and "re-link" it.

Back