Foobar - Need Help with Converting (Exporting) Upmixed Tracks

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LennonCobain

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
QQ Supporter
Recently I have been experimenting with some of the upmixing tools available in Foobar (e.g. FreeSurround, DTS Neural VST, etc.). I am able to make adjustments during playback and hear the effect, but everytime I export the stereo track to 5.1 FLAC or WAV, my adjustments are not reflected, there is no LFE track, and the output is exactly the same regardless of the tool used (e.g. FreeSurround vs. DTS Neural).

I can't figure out why the the conversion process isn't working. The only DSP running is the respective tool that I am using. Here are some sample screenshots:
1634927263291.png

1634927299708.png

I'm assuming that these DSPs work for conversion purposes. If not, then where is the resulting multichannel file coming from? I'd appreciate any help. Thanks!

Click on the triple dot next to FreeSurround (in your 2nd screen shot) to set upmix preferences (I think).

Click on the triple dot next to FreeSurround (in your 2nd screen shot) to set upmix preferences (I think).
That seems to have worked. Or maybe the trick is not to have the DSP active (i.e. for playback purposes) and to have the DSP only activated during conversion. Thanks.

Last edited:
Back