For those who endorse high priced tweaks

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wait a minute, I was posting about DVD-RW and DTV in the future. Sorry, the Anderson guy got in the way. Two eyes, two ears, too much.

Waiting for Too Many Too in 5.1.

I need recommendations for 35ft speaker wire with banana plugs.

o_O

Didn't Snood plant all the banana plugs?
banana-plug-plants-500x500.jpg

https://www.indiamart.com/proddetail/banana-plug-plants-8787724297.html

I kinda half-remember seeing hardware that would allegedly filter electrical line noise, but it was always out of my price range and I never tried any of it.

Now they are inexpensive and are built into power strips.

I learned a lot about how the place is wired and which circuits are truly dedicated to a single purpose. Biggest surprise to me was learning that the 120v outlet in the laundry room is the only thing on its 20 amp circuit. I expected that for the 240v hookup for the dryer, but not the one for the washer!

It helps to be familiar with the National Electrical code (US) or whatever codes are used in other countries.

In the US, a dedicated circuit is needed for the dryer and also one for the washer. There must be no other outlets on these circuits. If you have a gas dryer, it can also be connected to the washer outlet.

I wonder if some of that is venting over flawed surround releases in the quad days too? He WAS after all one of the ones to mix and release in quad back in the day.

It's also opened the door to a lower level of amateur madness than ever seen before! The shrill volume war CDs. "Mastering" like that heard on that new Lennon set! Some of the most outrageous mistakes anyone could imagine. Don't mind that. We have so much more happiness and light than ever before! I'm with Ian on this. Think of it from the artists perspective too. You spend time crafting the mix just right in the studio. Then you hear the vinyl pressing on an average (ie not ever set up) turntable system or the pre-recorded cassette on an average (ie not calibrated) tape deck and you rage!

This is why a good sound engineer listens to his mix on a variety of different sound equipment. The goal is a mix that sounds good on all of them.

This is serious-need recommendations for 35ft speaker wire with banana plugs.

Serious unrelated photo. :smokin:smokin:smokin

This is serious-need recommendations for 35ft speaker wire with banana plugs.

Serious unrelated photo. :smokin:smokin:smokin
I use Speakon cables/connectors, cheap (more expensive than the 13A mains cable I had been using), easy to connect, and no mysticism! I have 1m bare wires to connector cables at amp & speaker ends, and the required length in between. Easy to connect Banana plugs to the bare wire ends.
https://cpc.farnell.com/w/c/cable-leads-connectors/leads/stage-leads/prl/results?st=speakon

Last edited:
I use Speakon cables/connectors, cheap (more expensive than the 13A mains cable I had been using), easy to connect, and no mysticism! I have 1m bare wires to connector cables at amp & speaker ends, and the required length in between. Easy to connect Banana plugs to the bare wire ends.
https://cpc.farnell.com/w/c/cable-leads-connectors/leads/stage-leads/prl/results?st=speakon
Thanks.
I was considering this wire:
https://www.amazon.ca/GearIT-Premiu...ker+cable&qid=1604758408&s=electronics&sr=1-3

A quite reasonable price for a 35' cable, it's twin lead zip with a custom braided sheath and what looks like well attached connectors. Very attractive.
Only one thing that really bothers me is the header says it's 12awg (ok, though I'd prefer 10awg for that long a run) but further down by the color selector it says its 16awg (very bad for a 35' cable run)
I'd contact them to clarify before putting down my money. ;)

VERY HIGHLY RECOMMENDED...you just know when this Omega QR 3 pronger securely locks into Shunyata Research's Everest 8000 Power Conditioner the electrical power is instantaneously purified and energized by these beauties and supercharges your components with rarefied vigor making those 1s & 0s, 1+ and 0+ squared...to the nth power! Even lowly Dolby Digital becomes DOLBY FORMIDABLE!

ASHUNOMQR15A20M.jpg

Shunyata_Omega_QR_Power_Cord_02_AC.jpg

Shunyata Research Shunyata - Omega QR Power Cable (15A, 2.0m)

Price: ONLY $9,000.00....and oh heck, well worth it!

ASHUNEVEREST.jpg

Shunyata_Everest_8000T_Power_Conditioner_02_Back.jpg

Shunyata Research
Shunyata Research Shunyata - Everest 8000 Power Conditioner

Price: A Very Affordable $8,000.00

Last edited:
I'm not sure what frightens me more there. That your photoshop skills and mockery of such ads is so on point. Or that was a genuine ad you found!
Dude. Raphie owns some version of those Shunyata cables I believe. Though i don't think they are the ones in the photo. Im sure he lusts after them though. :giggle:

I'm not sure what frightens me more there. That your photoshop skills and mockery of such ads is so on point. Or that was a genuine ad you found!

QUITE TRUE, Jim, they're current offerings from the folks at Music Direct. I just mockingly put some of my own tidbits like ONLY $9K and A VERY Affordable $8K in the final pricing. And even more ironic, that the power cable costs $1K more than the power conditioner!

These "tweaks" have one purpose, and ONLY one... separate the gullible audiophile's money from his wallet. As for benefits, they're all theirs, the people who prey on gullibility. It's the placebo effect; if you expect to hear a difference, you probably will, whether it's real or not.

Back