Quantcast

Forget reality, what is your dream multichannel release?

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

azdandan

I just saw Tool live in Glendale a couple months ago. It was a discrete surround mix, at least four channels, probably more. I was sitting near the back in the middle and couldn’t ask for a better location to hear the channel separation. I would love that concert, with exactly that audio mix, on a Blu-ray.

Proper 5.1 remixes of AEnima and 10,000 Days overseen by the band would be sweet too.

4-earredwonder

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Criminally absent from the Surround Universe are the Bee Gees. AFAIK, none of their magnificent albums have ever been remixed for surround. Am currently listening to the 2CD/DVD~V DD 5.1 of THE ULTIMATE BEE GEES [Reprise Records] and although the CDs do sound magnifico in STEREO, the excellent live performance on the DVD in DD 5.1 has not got a whiff of discreteness.

Last edited:

boondocks

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
Oh I've thought about this so much over the years.
But now, after listening to Nosound's Sol29, I would really love to hear it in surround. Giancarlo, Are you guys listening???

NSXFTW

Some great suggestions that I will not repeat.

May I add for your consideration . . . the phenomenal catalog of Prefab Sprout!

Sal1950

300 Club - QQ All-Star
QQ Supporter
What's yours? (Forget reality)
BTW, I happen to have forgotten reality many years ago.
You see, I came home from Vietnam and got out of the Army in 1970.
Then one night shortly after I went to this party and it lasted for over 40 years. o_O
But a good time was had by all. :D

boondocks

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
BTW, I happen to have forgotten reality many years ago.
You see, I came home from Vietnam and got out of the Army in 1970.
Then one night shortly after I went to this party and it lasted for over 40 years. o_O
But a good time was had by all. :D
Well brother you came back ahead of me but I hear ya. What was that Country Joe and the Fish song about a bird?

cbmmm3

And now for something completely different....how about Acoustic Alchemy Natural Elements album ? Great production, great stuff. Food for thought