Quantcast

Forget reality, what is your dream multichannel release?

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

abby normal

any of daphne hellman/hellman's angels' stereophonic recordings [using DES]
the buketov [sp?] arrangement of the 1812 overture
oxygene [j. m. jarre]
the organ stop wurlitzer recordings
the firehouse five + 2 stereo recordings [using DES]
harry zimmerman's "band with a beat"

DuncanS

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Just was reading one of my Sound & Vision issues with this article in it by Mike Mettler - Hmmm... (read the last couple paragraphs!)
Remaster Class: Supertramp: Crime of the Century

I agree 100%!!!!:love: (y)
To channel Spinal Tap, I 111% agree, Crime Of The Century would be wonderful in surround

fthesoundguy

Alright, I looked through everything and came up with a couple more that I haven’t seen listed yet:

Supergrass - Road to Rouen: This is one of the more underrated albums from the 2000s and Tales of Endurance, Pt. 4, 5, & 6 is one of my favorite songs ever. Lots of potential with percussion, strings, keys and horn elements all over this record.

David Byrne and St. Vincent - Love This Giant: Horn-centric album which would just be awesome to hear coming out of every speaker.

Slowdive - S/T: Shoegaze brilliance. Would be such an immersive experience being swallowed up in their effects if it could be pulled off.

Mercury Rev - Deserter's Song: Another album that’s a bit underrated as well. Most have heard of Goddess on a Hiway and it’s got enough instrumentation to put together a good discrete surround mix. “The Funny Bird” is also just a wonderful song.

Triumph - Allied Forces: Another Canadian rock trio, so just mix it like AFTK. Fight The Good Fight is something everyone should here. (Not by Chycki though! He remixed their hits in stereo a decade ago and it was not stellar.)

Coheed and Cambria - Their whole catalog but The Afterman would probably be the best suited. There's a decent amount of sound effects in that one that would It might be a situation where you mix them like SW did Rush,

kap'n krunch

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
to be perfectly honest, Ziggy may not be up to SW's standards but it is a quite effective MCH mix, wayyy better than the horrible StS one from Maislin!

As for Triumph.. THAT is a huge surprise...would have never imagined it...That was the first concert I ever saw in front row (San Juan,PR 1981 with Rick Derringer playing a full set and blowing them off the stage... I even have their "Just a game" LP signed by all three members...)

artwwweb

Slowdive - S/T: Shoegaze brilliance. Would be such an immersive experience being swallowed up in their effects if it could be pulled off.
Yes, would love a bit of Slowdive (probably the earlier stuff, though, as first choice). And for once, a messy, not very discrete mix might work, fitting in with the whole shoegaze vagueness.

fthesoundguy

Yes, would love a bit of Slowdive (probably the earlier stuff, though, as first choice). And for once, a messy, not very discrete mix might work, fitting in with the whole shoegaze vagueness.
Souvlaki would be awesome to get. I was being a little realistic picking the 2017 album because who knows where the multitracks are (if they even exist anymore). And it would totally work! I would just worry about the amount of reverb since a 5.1 mix can be overwhelmed with it quickly and then it just all sucks.

Rich Graf

If we were forgetting reality as the post implies, then I would have to easily vote for an Atmos mix of this classic:

View attachment 46721

Think it also won an award .. for best song .. ever.. :cool:
This is at the very top of my wishlist for a 5.1 mix or higher!!! When this song first came on the radio in the US, it totally blew my mind and that was in stereo!

Circular Vibes

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
Since 2002/2003
I would love to get Slades' Keep Your Hands Off My Power Supply. I wore the oxide off that cassette in my teens. Might have to take some Gravol for the opening guitars though...

madscot

Everything by Camel
Everything by Coheed and Cambria
Everything not already in 5.1 by Dream Theater
Everything by Nightwish
Everything not already in 5.1 by Marillion
Just one, any one by my favourite band in the world Spocks Beard (pretty pretty please)