Forget reality, what is your dream multichannel release?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dream of a single surround encoding system that works for all formats.

These include LP, CD, FM, VHS, DVD, BLR, and all others.

I want this so the consumer does not have to buy multiple decoders.

This was my dream in the 1970s and it still is.

Last edited:
Incognito- Vibes, Tribes & Scribes.
Beastie Boys- Paul's Boutique
Beastie Boys- Ill Communication
Massive Attack- Blue Lines
Massive Attack- Mezzanine
Madonna- Erotica
Alice In Chains- Jar of Flies/Sap
Van Halen- 1984
Boards of Canada- Music has the Right to Children
Rage Against the Machine- S/T
Red Hot Chilli Peppers-Blood Sugar Sex Magik
Baby Animals- S/T
Air- Moon Safari (same mixer as 10hz please)
The Prodigy- Fat of the Land
Filter- Title of Record
The Chemical Brothers- Surrender
Jam & Spoon- Tripomatic Fairytales 2000

I am sure somewhere in these 24 pages someone already has suggested this.
Joe Satriani surround sound box set. I was listening to Strange Beautiful Music in surround and it is so good.
I am sure all his recordings, with all the over dubs and multi tracks it would be fairly easy for him to do, in 5.1 or better yet Atmos.

5 Rolling Stones Albums:
Beggars Banquet
GYYYO
Let it Bleed
Sticky Fingers
Exile on Main Street

Honorable mention:
IORR

The latest episode of Discord & Rhyme (one of my fave music podcasts) focuses on The Police’s Synchronicity, which reminded me of how that album is waaay up on my surround wishlist.

The album’s 40th anniversary is in 2023 — I wonder if there’s any shot at a surround release? Or did the masters go up in the Universal fire?

In my dreams! What shoulda been...

yesquadradisc.jpg

The latest episode of Discord & Rhyme (one of my fave music podcasts) focuses on The Police’s Synchronicity, which reminded me of how that album is waaay up on my surround wishlist.

The album’s 40th anniversary is in 2023 — I wonder if there’s any shot at a surround release? Or did the masters go up in the Universal fire?

Andy Summers confirmed in a recent interview that a deluxe box set for Regatta de Blanc should be coming next year. No details on content or whether or not it will contain any surround mixes. But at least it's a sign that The Police are finally starting to do some expanded reissues of the catalog. Fingers crossed! 🤞

It's still available at Elusive Disc:
(edit - I now see it says 'backordered' even though the 'add to cart' option is still there - it's crazy how quickly this vanished from all the usual retailers)
Yep, is what I'm seeing too. I have it saved in my Amazon shopping list in case it ever shows up there again.

The old QSD-1 does a pretty good job of divvying up the stereo sound in the meantime. Lots for it to work with.

This was one of those albums I wished back in the '70s would appear when I used to stop by Peaches Records every Friday to check for any new CD-4 releases.

the 1938 carnegie hall allstar jazz concert. we now have the technology to do it justice, via advanced denoising and signal restoration technology, and DES spectral source subtraction technology, we can make it a true 360 degree surround stereo spectacular, without any of the crackles and hiss, with jess stacy's piano fully audible and [god bless him] gene krupa's drum dialed back a bit in the loud parts so as to uncover jess stacy's piano underneath. i would place the instruments per the pictures that survive of this seminal event in jazz history. i would give the listener a choice of applause/audience noise, or just the acoustic of carnegie hall.

Back