Forget reality, what is your dream multichannel release?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I had to pick the one release that I absolutely want the most, I would have to say...

The Tubes (S/T) (1975)
I wish Al Kooper (the producer) could've done a 5.1 of it back around the time he did the B,S&T on Audio Fidelity.

After that, just give me the Aerosmith quads and I can die happy.

I would kill for some Zoomers, but I guess I'm the only one who cares 😂

This hobby never attracts the young...
I think there are probably more younger people than we might think who at least have the ability to play surround music. There's a lot of younger people who've installed surround systems just for the immersive experience in gaming. Between that & all the new releases available as streaming Atmos, it could help swing the pendulum a little.

When I started my YouTube channel which has nothing but surround-sound music, I used YouTube's Analytics & I noticed my largest demographic of viewers were +70yrs old. A good portion of those first few batches of 5.1 music that I uploaded were 70s classic rock but since then I have uploaded quite a bit of 80s, 90s, 00s, & some newer stuff. Now the largest demographic of my viewers is between 35-44yrs old, ...a little younger than I am; ...& not "Zoomers" but it surprised me.

Short answer is… nearly every album I’ve heard, keep ‘‘em coming.

Long answer:
I’d really like to see any one of the 3 The Avalanches albums in surround. Atmos in particular would be especially fun, given the right mix.

That said, it is a dream multichannel release in every sense of the word: their albums are almost entirely made out of samples. Their debut, Since I Left You, which I could imagine being a fantastic surround showcase made out of an alleged 3000 samples. So many samples there’s like 7 different versions that have been sold over the years as samples have to be cut and replaced. (The leaked “Zomba Promo” version is the definite version, all samples in tact and an extra track that was ultimately relegated to a single B side, “With My Baby” which makes the album flow better).

Their most recent, We Will Always Love You is my favorite album of 2020, and would also work well, a delicate atmospheric beauty of an album

I think there are probably more younger people than we might think who at least have the ability to play surround music. There's a lot of younger people who've installed surround systems just for the immersive experience in gaming. Between that & all the new releases available as streaming Atmos, it could help swing the pendulum a little.

When I started my YouTube channel which has nothing but surround-sound music, I used YouTube's Analytics & I noticed my largest demographic of viewers were +70yrs old. A good portion of those first few batches of 5.1 music that I uploaded were 70s classic rock but since then I have uploaded quite a bit of 80s, 90s, 00s, & some newer stuff. Now the largest demographic of my viewers is between 35-44yrs old, ...a little younger than I am; ...& not "Zoomers" but it surprised me.
I'm 42, and have been into this hobby since the early 2000s when DVDAs & SACDs started coming out. I'm the only person I know personally that's into this hobby, but I think there have to be quite a few others out there in this age group. I'm sure the amount of streaming MCH music coming out via Apple/ Tidal is helping quite a bit.

It's a great time to be into this surround music thing; it's just changing so much. I didn't even realize MCH music via YouTube was a thing. That's cool that you've done a bunch of your own mixes. Just subscribed to your channel, will check it out! Are there others out there doing this (remixing to MCH via stems and putting them on YT)? I like that you've done some mixes for more modern bands too. Don't get me wrong, I love me some 70s prog; but there's a lot of 90s music I'd like to hear in surround (Tool, RHCH, more NIN & Primus).

It's a great time to be into this surround music thing; it's just changing so much. I didn't even realize MCH music via YouTube was a thing. That's cool that you've done a bunch of your own mixes. Just subscribed to your channel, will check it out! Are there others out there doing this (remixing to MCH via stems and putting them on YT)? I like that you've done some mixes for more modern bands too. Don't get me wrong, I love me some 70s prog; but there's a lot of 90s music I'd like to hear in surround (Tool, RHCH, more NIN & Primus).
Indeed! Yes, YouTube started supporting 5.1 Dolby Digital+ not that long ago, ...it's the only reason I started a YouTube channel. If you click on the "Channels" section on my page I have a handful of other YouTube channels that primarily focus on surround music. A few of those have some unofficial surround mixes mixed in with mostly official releases. MixerRog's channel is the only other channel I know of that has just unofficial mixes but as far as I know, ...mine is the only one I've found that only features mixes only sourced from multi-tracks or stems (no UPmixes).

I also love a lot of music from the 90s, ...I don't think it's represented enough in surround sound and a lot of my "dream multi-channel releases" are from that decade. I'd also love to hear Tool in surround, especially their first couple albums; along with many other great 90s albums, everything from Rage Against The Machine, to Dave Matthews Band.

Back