Forget reality, what is your dream multichannel release?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes Relayer, done properly.
Genesis Wind & Wuthering, done properly
the two Bruford albums, done properly
ELP Trilogy, done properly, and Works I
Jethro Tull A
Nektar Recycled
Led Zep Physical Graffiti
Mahavishnu Orchestra Visions of the Emerald Beyond
Prince Lovesexy (a *much* more densely mixed, surround-friendly album than Sign O' The Times)
Kate Bush Hounds of Love
Cocteau Twins Heaven or Las Vegas
Beatles Magical Mystery Tour
any Cream album, because they sound poorly and it would be nice to hear them sound better...but AFAIK the multitracks are gone

For me I’d like some Bruce Springsteen released... 🙏🏻

I’d happily settle for Born To Run (rumoured quad mix?) and Born In The USA... A la mode please (with ice cream) - I love that expression! 😄

The only good MCH release I can think of with The Boss on... is him doing backing vocals on Black & White night?! 🤔 The others just don’t cut the mustard...

For me I’d like some Bruce Springsteen released... 🙏🏻

I’d happily settle for Born To Run (rumoured quad mix?) and Born In The USA... A la mode please (with ice cream) - I love that expression! 😄

The only good MCH release I can think of with The Boss on... is him doing backing vocals on Black & White night?! 🤔 The others just don’t cut the mustard...

See the source image

I'd Give MY SHIRT to have my entire catalogue released in SURROUND....preferably DOLBY BOSSMOS!

Last edited:
Sigur Ros ( ) was announced for mc SACD many years ago. I have no idea if a mc mix was ever completed.
I wasn’t aware of that. Would have been nice. Are you sure you don’t mean HDCD because I think some or all of them are that format iirc.

No, I talked to Dweezil after a show a few years back. He said there was no market for surround. He was very nice, but had zero interest in surround.
I saw Dweezil on the Inca Roads tour a couple of years ago and still have the setlist given to me by the sound engineer. Amazing show, but anyway, 'No market' doesn't necessarily indicate no interest on his part, and with Ahmet's interest in holograms, surround is just a step away. 🤪

My #1 (With a Bullet!) choice for pie-in-the-sky surround album of all time is: Frank Zappa - Joe's Garage!!! :dance

How about Vangelis -Blade-runner Esper edition, heaven and hell, Albedo 0.39, Spiral,
Aphrodite's Child 666?

Jean Michel Jarre - The Complete Concerts in China (one song was mixed and released last year with Planet Jarre.

Emerson Lake and Palmer = Pictures at an exhibition and Works Vol 1 side 4 =Fanfare and Pirates.

Mary Fahl - From The DSOTM ( I had to say that - it exists and I will try to help her find a method of releasing it.

Back