Forget reality, what is your dream multichannel release?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only good MCH release I can think of with The Boss on... is him doing backing vocals on Black & White night?! 🤔 The others just don’t cut the mustard...

In the video portion of the Darkness On the Edge of Town box set, there's footage of the band in the studio performing "The Promise". It actually has a halfway decent surround mix. However, that's certainly not enough Bruce in surround!

See the source image

I'd Give MY SHIRT to have my entire catalogue released in SURROUND....preferably DOLBY BOSSMOS!

You need to check out the Darkness on the edge of Town box set DVD 2. Pretty decent surround sound sound from what I recall Bob clear mountain I imagine but I would have to look it up to be sure

Dream Quads would be:

The Raiders - Country Wine or Collage
The O'Jays - Backstabbers
Johnny Nash - I can see Clearly Now
Steppenwolf - 16 Greatest Hits
The Mamas and the Papas - Twenty Greatest Hits (though, I'm sure with mostly 4-track at hand, it wouldn't be the greatest mix)
Three Dog Night - Joy to the World / Greatest Hits
The Eagles - Self Titled & Desperado
Blue Swede - Hooked on a Feeling
Edgar Winter's White Trash
Sly & the Family Stone - There's a Riot Goin' On
Redbone - Wovoka
Bob Marley - Natty Dread
Gordon Lightfoot - Gord's Gold
Deep Purple - Burn
Black Sabbath - Sabotage

Only thinking of titles not yet listed:

Take my avatar--PLEASE! (Love Forever Changes)
Jefferson Airplane After Bathing At Baxters
The Congos Heart of the Congos
Culture Two Sevens Clash
Augustus Pablo/King Tubby King Tubbys Meets Rockers Uptown
Burning Spear Marcus Garvey/Garvey's Ghost
Keith Hudson Pick a Dub
Black Uhuru Red
Augustus Pablo East of the River Nile
Max Romeo & the Upsetters War Ina Babylon
Upsetters 14 Dub Blackboard Jungle

okay, i'm having a flashback--too much dreaming

In no particular order:

Santana - Moonflower
Rolling Stones - Sticky Fingers
Little Feat - Waiting for Columbus
Pink Floyd - All that is not already in our hands
Pink Floyd - Live 1970s material mixed in a King Crimson style box set
Steely Dan - Royal Scam and Katy Lied
Alan Parsons - I, Robot
Boston - 1st Album
Van Halen - 1st Album
Nick Drake - Five Leaves Left (was announced and retracted)
Steve Tibbetts - Yr
Tangerine Dream - Underwater Sunlight and/or a 1986 tour recording mixed in good surround
Heart - Dreamboat Annie, Little Queen, Magazine, Dog and Butterfly
Molly Hatchet - 1st two
Stevie Ray Vaughan- All
Rickie Lee Jones - All Early, maybe all
Tom Waits - One From the Heart
Traffic - John Barleycorn, Low Spark
Madeleine Peyroux - Dreamland
Eric Schwartz - The Aristocrat
Old And In The Way - All
Jeff Beck with the Jan Hammer Group
Blind Faith
Jerry Garcia - Garcia

And finally - wait for it....
Wild Man Fischer - Pronounced Normal!

Captain Beyond.
Fun House - not a lot of instruments to work with but if at least the drums could be spread around the soundfield that would be fantastic.

Captain Beyond.
Fun House - not a lot of instruments to work with but if at least the drums could be spread around the soundfield that would be fantastic.
I think Fun House has enough to work with. Lead and multi layered rythym guitars. You've got Iggy's guttural yelps & growls. Plus there is plenty of air on this. A very well engineered album.

If we're forgoing reality...

1. Entire Steely Dan catalog remixed to 5.1 by Elliot Scheiner (even just Pretzel Logic would be nice)
2. Entire Rush catalog remixed to 5.1 by Steven Wilson
3. Aerosmith quad mixes released on a digital format
4. Unreleased Eagles' debut LP and Desperado quad mixes released on a digital format

+1

Okay I am going to do this right (forget reality!) and not go with stuff that's likely (Beatles stuff, Tears For Fears) or rumored (Floyd stuff). I'm also leaving off some amazing older bands like the Eagles, Led Zeppelin because they're getting mentioned a lot already. So yes, pure dreaming here:

Pearl Jam - All of it, every fucking song, I am a die hard and want way more than just Ten (Binaural would be insane in Atmos)
Alice in Chains - Dirt. Unrelated, I'd also like a stereo (or surround) remix of Tripod to rescue it from the dense sludge with no treble.
Stone Temple Pilots - Purple and Tiny Music
Mother Love Bone - Apple
Muse - Black Holes & Revelations, Drones, Simulation Theory, Origin of Symmetry, Absolution... hell all of it!
Tool - Aenima, Lateralus, 10,000 Days, Fear Inoculum
Coldplay - Everything. Their shit works so well in surround, I would love to have it all.
The Killers - Every studio album from Hot Fuss & Sam's Town to Wonderful Wonderful.
Garbage - Garbage, Version 2.0, beautifulgarbage, Not Your Kind of People, Strange Little Birds
Live - Throwing Copper, The Distance to Here
Counting Crows - August and Everything After
Tori Amos - Every studio album, from Little Earthquakes through Native Invader. Her husband is an amazingly great engineer and the sound quality is out of this world.
Lana Del Rey - Honeymoon, Lust for Life, all of it really could work well.

Paul McCartney - Ram, Band on the Run, Flaming Pie, Memory Almost Full, New and Egypt Station
George Harrison - All Things Must Pass, Living in the Material World, Cloud Nine, Brainwashed
Elton John - Greatest Hits 1970-2002, Made In England
Queen - Everything
Tom Petty - Full Moon Fever, Wildflowers
Billy Joel - Everything else not released, especially Nylon Curtain and Storm Front
Aerosmith - Permanent Vacation and Pump (of course I want Rocks, Toys, etc as well)
Van Halen - 5150, OU812, For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge, Balance (sure the Dave stuff would be cool as well)
Def Leppard - Pyromania, Hysteria, Adrenalize, Euphoria

Madonna - Ray of Light, Like a Prayer, True Blue, Confessions on a Dance Floor
George Michael - Listen Without Prejudice, Vol. 1, Older, Patience, Faith

Mannheim Steamroller - Fresh Aire I, II, III, IV, V, VI and 7. All five Christmas albums.
Enya - Anything! Her stuff would work so well in Atmos!

Back