Forget reality, what is your dream multichannel release?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Motherlode by Loggins & Messina. A great, classic album. IMO, the best album they ever did.
I understand they recorded this at Jim Messina's 'home' studio...and there was multi-track equipment used. ( This according a fellow involved with the recording I'd corresponded with in the past regarding it)
Seems like this would have been a no-brainer to eventually come out on some sort of multichannel format. But NOOOOO!!!! (thanks John Belushi )
I wonder if something happened to the original multi-track tapes or maybe only the stereo mix was preserved?

Thin Lizzy-Jailbreak,Bad Reputation and Johnny The Fox.......Kansas-Leftoverture,Point Of Know Return and Two For The Show.......Molly Hatchet-Flirtin With Disaster......Kraftwerk-Autobahn......Queen-News Of The World and Live Killers......ELO-Out Of The Blue

Last edited:
Motherlode by Loggins & Messina. A great, classic album. IMO, the best album they ever did.

I always wondered why this one wasn't released in quad back in the '70s. We got quad releases both the self-titled album (1972) and Full Sail (1973), then stereo-only for the next three albums, and back to quad for Native Sons (1976).

Ambrosia - Somewhere I've Never Travelled [ Alan Parsons produced & engineered, should also do the surround mix ]
P.D.Q. Bach - 1712 Overture & Other Musical Assaults [ balloons popping in surround ... Goose Bumps !! ]

Yes please! (Plus a high-res reissue of the discrete quad version of World Is A Ghetto. And maybe Tower of Power--and The Who. Content to leave the rest to your dreams.)

Telarc issued a couple of P.D.Q. Bach albums in Dolby Surround and/or Circle Surround. Too bad 1712 wasn't one of them.

I always wondered why this one wasn't released in quad back in the '70s. We got quad releases both the self-titled album (1972) and Full Sail (1973), then stereo-only for the next three albums, and back to quad for Native Sons (1976).
Love Motherlode also; ... but Native Sons 😬 shouldn't have even been made IMO.

I'm sure I've said it before, but Frank Zappa - Joe's Garage is my #1 choice of all time.
bowdown.gif

Michael Jackson's Thriller (reportedly a surround mix was completed but never released).
Justin Hayward & John Lodge's Blue Jays.
Eric Carmen's first solo album.
Pink Floyd's The Wall
Justin Hayward & John Lodge's Blue Jays.... Blue Jays would be a keeper. That was a very underrated, overlooked LP. Almost forgot about that one.

Last edited:
I'm sure I've said it before, but Frank Zappa - Joe's Garage is my #1 choice of all time.
bowdown.gif
I recently tried a Penteo upmix on Sy Borg; and the results were spectacular oh mighty Green One 🐸
Plooking too hard, you’re Plooking too hard
on me-e-e-e-e...
A real deal mix would be outta this world!

1582120560167.jpeg

Last edited:
I recently tried a Penteo upmix on Sy Borg; and the results were spectacular oh mighty Green One 🐸
Plooking too hard, you’re Plooking too hard
on me-e-e-e-e...
A real deal mix would be outta this world!
He goes, allllllllllll the way!

Now that's going to be running in my head for a while. :D

This and my next 60 favorite Zappa albums please and thank you!

Maybe start with intense discrete surround mixes of Roxy and One Size Fits All though after Joe's.
And then jump to something like You Are What You Is with all the layers and insanity going on.
And then...

Back