Forget reality, what is your dream multichannel release?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just saw Tool live in Glendale a couple months ago. It was a discrete surround mix, at least four channels, probably more. I was sitting near the back in the middle and couldn’t ask for a better location to hear the channel separation. I would love that concert, with exactly that audio mix, on a Blu-ray.

Proper 5.1 remixes of AEnima and 10,000 Days overseen by the band would be sweet too.

Criminally absent from the Surround Universe are the Bee Gees. AFAIK, none of their magnificent albums have ever been remixed for surround. Am currently listening to the 2CD/DVD~V DD 5.1 of THE ULTIMATE BEE GEES [Reprise Records] and although the CDs do sound magnifico in STEREO, the excellent live performance on the DVD in DD 5.1 has not got a whiff of discreteness.

Last edited:
Some great suggestions that I will not repeat.

May I add for your consideration . . . the phenomenal catalog of Prefab Sprout!

BTW, I happen to have forgotten reality many years ago.
You see, I came home from Vietnam and got out of the Army in 1970.
Then one night shortly after I went to this party and it lasted for over 40 years. o_O
But a good time was had by all. :D
Well brother you came back ahead of me but I hear ya. What was that Country Joe and the Fish song about a bird?

If we were forgetting reality as the post implies, then I would have to easily vote for an Atmos mix of this classic:

Billy_Thorpe_-_Children_Of_The_Sun.jpg

Think it also won an award .. for best song .. ever.. :cool:

Back