Forget reality, what is your dream multichannel release?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Zwan "Mary Star of the Sea"... imagine Jimmy Chamberlain's drums and all the layers of Billy Corgan's guitars freed from the confines of the loudness wars and swirling all around you.

(I'll settle for almost any Smashing Pumpkins albums, though 😁 )

Has anyone heard of this; Pink Floyd: Collector's Edition by Masterworks. It has a dvd copy of Animals in 5.1...is it worth a blind buy?
Never heard of it before, but I took the risk and ordered one last week from Tokyo, Expected to be here in around 30 days if you can wait to find out. I'll for sure post the results.

Found this image
i-img1200x1032-1530936491wkhrmb598313.jpg

I don't recall if I had them on my previous list(s), but I think Def Leppard would kick ASS in surround. Especially Hysteria. That has always been their top work for me. But honestly everything from High'n'Dry through their newest (Def Leppard) would work really well and be a lot of fun in surround. I'm thinking Atmos. :D

I don't recall if I had them on my previous list(s), but I think Def Leppard would kick ASS in surround. Especially Hysteria. That has always been their top work for me. But honestly everything from High'n'Dry through their newest (Def Leppard) would work really well and be a lot of fun in surround. I'm thinking Atmos. :D
Yes and no really, I mean Pyromania and Hysteria are stellar albums but I fear they only have the big stereo potential. I would love to be proved wrong however!

Yes and no really, I mean Pyromania and Hysteria are stellar albums but I fear they only have the big stereo potential. I would love to be proved wrong however!

Believe me, watching
1593800597157.png
will easily convert you. Also, some of the mixes on
1593800549335.png
are good enough already (most defo Slang).

A few surround mixes of live Floyd form the 1970, 71, & 72 tours. Mixed from multitrack with the live quad mixes as reference. (These multitracks don't exist. Nor do even quad board tapes!)

The King Crimson Fillmore West show from 1969 mixed from the 8 track multitrack. (Reported lost a LONG time ago.)

Steve Wilson remixes of Rush Fly By Night thru Moving Pictures!
(The gimmicky "mixes" released of everything but the SW Kings remix pretty much tells us this will never come to be. That they released another insulting gimmicky surround mix of Hemispheres after working with SW on Kings kind of pounds the final nail in here unfortunately.)

While we're at it...
SW 5.1 remixes of the entire Floyd catalog. (I mean up to the Final Cut.)
SW 5.1 remixes of the Genesis catalog (up to Lamb and OK to skip the first album)

Why skip From Genesis to Revelation?

The rest of the above I'd totally go for (y) :SB:cool:

Back