Forget reality, what is your dream multichannel release?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Prince; Purple Rain, Around The World In A Day, Parade (Music From Under The Cherry Moon), Sign 'O' The Times. All in Blu-Ray 5.1/Atmos please!

If Purple Rain and other Prince stuff in surround sounds anything like When Doves Cry in Atmos, then I am all for it. Fucking amazing!

The Beatles 1967-1970 in Atmos & 5.1 would be great! We'd get all the classic Beatles singles (like 'All You Need Is Love', 'Hey Jude', 'Lady Madonna', 'I Am The Walrus') that were skipped over by the Deluxe Editions of the group's albums.

Having finally watched Suede's episode of Classic Albums yesterday, I certainly wouldn't mind surround/immersive treatment for Coming Up (1996). Plenty of multi-tracks to play with, not mentioning a number of B-side tracks. And videos, yeah yeah yeah.

Last edited:
More likely they would give us some version of Past Masters 1&2.

And that would work too (provided that they added 'All You Need Is Love', 'I Am The Walrus' & 'Fool On The Hill' to a Past Masters II 5.1/Atmos set).

And that would work too (provided that they added 'All You Need Is Love', 'I Am The Walrus' & 'Fool On The Hill' to a Past Masters II 5.1/Atmos set).
Good point! Given that a lot of the songs on Past Masters 1 (from their earliest albums) wouldn't benefit much from surround treatment, they should include the stragglers from Magical Mystery Tour and Yellow Submarine. I had not thought about those songs.

Back