• QuadraphonicQuad welcomes you and encourages your participation! Treat all members with respect. Please keep all discussions civil, even when you have a strong opinion on a particular topic.

Do not offer for free, offer for sale, offer for trade, or request copies or files of copyrighted material - no matter how rare or unavailable to the public they might be. We do not condone the illegal sharing of music. There are many places on the internet where you can participate in such transactions, but QuadraphonicQuad is not one of them. We are here to encourage and support new multichannel releases from those companies that still provide them and as such the distribution of illegal copies of recordings is counter-productive to that effort. Any posts of this sort will be deleted without notification.

Please try to avoid discussions that pit one format against another. Hint for new users: make liberal use of the search facilities here at QuadraphonicQuad. Our message base is an incredibly rich resource of detailed information on virtually all topics pertaining to surround-sound. You will be surprised at what you can find with a little digging!

Forum Access difficulties? Anyone?

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

J. PUPSTER

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Here's what I see on Google Chrome Win. 7 Pro.- with little detached new post alerts on the right I've never seen before?

QQ-WHAAA.jpg

Last edited:

DuncanS

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
JP have you Enabled Push Notifications?

DuncanS

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Push Notifications are under Preferences
1581113644384.png

Strilo

500 Club - QQ All-Star
^^ that image takes up the entire window on a desktop browser still. Is that something that can be fixed?

J. PUPSTER

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
^^ that image takes up the entire window on a desktop browser still. Is that something that can be fixed?
The original poster can reduce it (I just did mine on post #121) easily by clicking on it and just resizing it with the mouse; but I believe you mean by the members just viewing it? Didn't you ask Angie about this earlier, and I'm guessing you didn't get an answer?

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Okay. Sorry I've not answered sooner but I had to spend afternoon working on some stuff for my Mom.

Now, the side bar was not going away when it was checked in Preferences. So, I had the developer fix it. I made a post about it on another thread. So, you have the preferences.

Also, now you can turn on or turn off the Yesterday's Forum Activity emails. That was added.

So check out the Preferences, and try out the settings.

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
I am on desktop and it is within the parameters of the message. Can you take a screen shot and upload it? Is your computer set at 150% so you can see things better?

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
The original poster can reduce it (I just did mine on post #121) easily by clicking on it and just resizing it with the mouse; but I believe you mean by the members just viewing it? Didn't you ask Angie about this earlier, and I'm guessing you didn't get an answer?
Thanks loads

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Here's what I see on Google Chrome Win. 7 Pro.- with little detached new post alerts on the right I've never seen before?

View attachment 45973
On many forums the New Post button is somewhere on the top. This will show posts you have not seen since last time you were here. It will NOT show your posts since it figures you have seen them. Give it a try. Especially handy to those that turn off the right sidebar.

Sonik Wiz

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
QQ Supporter
What I have noticed is that the really cool logo's & icon's Jon uploaded are missing.:
1581126713032.png

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
The cool logo that Jon made is the one used on the forum as he is the one that provided his files. And the cool icon shows on the tab for the forum.
And that screen show does not show the top of the forum page, scroll back up and see the cool logo.

Sonik Wiz

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
QQ Supporter
The cool logo that Jon made is the one used on the forum as he is the one that provided his files. And the cool icon shows on the tab for the forum.
And that screen show does not show the top of the forum page, scroll back up and see the cool logo.
Yes the cool QQ title is at the top of the page. I was referring to all the unique icons to the left of the forum major topics that have now been replaced by generic 4.0

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Since 2002/2003
Hey everyone. The "cool little icons" are called "ForumIcons" and that is a feature of the forum software that I brought over from vBulletin.

HOWEVER - Along the way I did not create 'ForumIcons" for every forum section. First off, I had to think of what I wanted to use for a forum, then I had to find a graphic, shrink it without losing too much detail (not easy), then I had to make one that was 'lit' (meaning new info in the forum), and one that was dim (meaning there was no unread material in the forum) and upload them then patch the software to work.

Needless to say, it was a lot of work so I never got around to doing every section. This left the default XenForo icons, which were little conversation bubbles. When GroupBuilder took over, then changed the default icons to 4.0 symbols, which was a nice touch since we're QUADRAPHONICQUAD, so that's where the forum stands.

Going forward, if Angie or GroupBuilder need anything from me with regard to forum graphics or stuff, I will be happy to assist or provide whatever they need.

That includes the pumkins and the wreaths! :)

Group builder