Fosgate Research Model 101A TATE II Remote Controls

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UTSquishy

I know a guy that has several Remote Control for the Fosgate Research Model 101A TATE II, and will be putting them up on eBay in the near future.
So If you want one, keep an eye out.

I noticed two Tate 101a units on eBay recently that didn't even sell (I Found them after the listings had expired). I have a saved search that is supposed to alert me when those show up, and it didn't catch either. One of them had even been relisted twice and still got no hits, making me wary of the reliability eBay's search engine.

I think he would want to stick with eBay since he's familiar with the platform. He said he'd consider just sticking them all up at once with a set price, but we're not sure what people would be willing to pay for them. I don't see any completed auctions to compare against like I usually can when placing something up on eBay.

That's going to be a tough sell with the Surround Master with SQ and QS on the market.

I'm not sure how the Surround Master is even related.
If someone has a Tate II 101a, and wants a remote control for it (These are New, Old Stock, not something new he's cobbled together) how does the Surround master being on the market effect that?

Rather than putting more money into a Fosgate decoder, seems to me a listener would be better off starting with the Surround Master.
But who knows, maybe someone will bid on the Fosgate remote.

He suffered some health issues, and has fled to warmer climates. I imagine it will be after March before he's even thinking of this again.

Sorry.

I have a wired remote for the Fogate 101A - this guy is the survivor of burglary of my home many years ago, sadly they got the Tate unit itself, but missed the remote (they almost got my QS-D1000 but were unable to unhook the thing, but did manage to smash it up in the attempt - since restored by Jim Showker).

I have no idea of the remote's value or if it even works, since no way for me to test. Anyone interested?

Thanks" John R

Rather than putting more money into a Fosgate decoder, seems to me a listener would be better off starting with the Surround Master.
But who knows, maybe someone will bid on the Fosgate remote.
For performance & reliability reasons I would never suggest that vintage gear should be a 1st choice. However the Fosgate Tate, Space & Image Composer, and the various Sansui products all have stereo specific surround modes that the Surround Master does not. And the SM does not have remote control, wired or otherwise.

I have a wired remote for the Fogate 101A - this guy is the survivor of burglary of my home many years ago, sadly they got the Tate unit itself, but missed the remote (they almost got my QS-D1000 but were unable to unhook the thing, but did manage to smash it up in the attempt - since restored by Jim Showker).

I have no idea of the remote's value or if it even works, since no way for me to test. Anyone interested?

Thanks" John R
I’d be interested in this remote if still available. Let me know what you’re thinking. Thx for posting.

Guys, I have 4 Fosgates without remotes. I want to keep one and get rid of the other three. Only want to keep one for nostalgia, I use the Sound Master II. They all need to be recapped, so no idea of what they should go for. But I’m getting to the point where I will soon need to dispose of them to downsize (I’m also looking to get rid of about 3,500 CD’s). I’d like the Fosgates to go to good homes to people who would appreciate them. Any advice on how to proceed would be great, I’ve never sold stuff in the past, just been a buyer. Getting to the age where I need to downsize, Thanks, Chip

Thanks Par4ken. I remember being shown one years ago it was kind of intriguing looking made from carved wood. I assume it was the factory accessory. Oh well just more unfulfilled collectoritis.....

Thanks Par4ken. I remember being shown one years ago it was kind of intriguing looking made from carved wood. I assume it was the factory accessory. Oh well just more unfulfilled collectoritis.....
Yes my homebuilt one was just a plain plastic box. Carved wood would be cool.

I guess I knew that the Tates had remote capability but had never seen one before until I did a google search. Looks like more trouble than it is worth unless you used it a lot and were always fiddling with the controls. I have the Tate Tetrasound and honestly the remote for the Fosgate 3601 I think it is looks pretty cool with the LED lights. Do this work with the different Tate(s) or the different Fosgate units or is it just for the 3601?

Back