HiRez Poll Frampton, Peter - FRAMPTON COMES ALIVE [DVD-A/SACD]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the DVD-A/SACD of Peter Frampton - FRAMPTON COMES ALIVE

• Total voters
If the cover unfolded at the spine on the LP, staples on several CD issues and the SACD, the picture is him head-to-toe. So upside down then becomes right side up.

ah! Now I get it!
you have to remove the booklet and stick it above/on top the outside back of the case!

the effect still looks "wrong" on the DVDA though :eek:

I gained a much greater sense of respect for this release after reading this article in "Mix" titled Frampton Comes Alive in 5.1. The sections on source material are priceless. Here's an excerpt:

Locating the scattered multitracks was only the beginning. Not only were the 25-year-old tapes spread out geographically, but many had been stored in a less-than-perfect environment; a number of the tapes needed work just to get them in playable condition. The original recordings had been made on Ampex 406 and 407 and Scotch 206, all recorded at 15 ips with Dolby A, and, while the Scotch tape was no problem, the Ampex reels required some serious work. "I think there was only one reel that we didn't have to bake, but all the other 40-some-odd reels of 2-inch tape had to be baked two or three times before we could get them to play," recalls Ainlay. "These are treasured items to us, so we were very conservative on our baking temperature and times. We didn't want to over-bake it so that the oxide would just fall off."

This truly is one to have in your collection.

just a quick Qn..??

is there a way to easily insert photos into posts here? i couldn't get any to drag and drop just now for example.. maybe you can and I'm just being thick!

Everyone seems to prefer their vocals on the center channel but I think for this release they actually sound better from the sides. I get the impression they were trying to recreate the venue and they must have felt this was the way to achieve this. I really feel like I can hear and feel the venue on this release, if that makes any sense!! I don't really have another live Hi Rez recording to compare it to but I do have other live releases on DCC Gold & MFSL Gold and sonically FCA is sonically superior.

just a quick Qn..??

is there a way to easily insert photos into posts here? i couldn't get any to drag and drop just now for example.. maybe you can and I'm just being thick!

Go advanced... and then click the manage attachments button..upload it.... and "Insert Inline"

thumb.jpg

Sometimes just doing a cut and paste works and other times it doesn't...don't know why...

Back