Frank Zappa Waka/Wazoo Deluxe 4CD + Blu-Ray 5.1 and Atmos!!!!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just to clarify MOFO is Freak Out only. The others mentioned are their own releases.

Well......

I ordered it from Amazon ca...81 beanz 4 me.
And hopefully Amazon does not send me a 5cd set as is advertised,....cause I'll
FREAK OUT!!!!
At first that sounded kinda expensive but after doing the currency conversion math, including taxes and parcel pick up fee when shipping to a WA address, it’s actually the cheapest route.
Ordered

Last edited:
Thanks for the reminder. I was having so much fun with Thriller, Caravanserai and the recent Dutton Vocalions that I almost forgot that I was waiting on this one. I guess I’ll have to set up a spreadsheet like GOS!
It's the only way to stay slightly less QQ insane, it is the constant wondering, did I ..........

Tick, tick, tick, tick…
1670685324171.png
Well it is Panto season!

While we wait on this one, er two ones (patience be damned) I’m reminded that there are decent decentralized Quad’s waiting in the wings, that need to be “rubbed out” into modern existence

Well given the recent slate of archival Zappa releases, it stands to reason that we will see an Over-Nite Sensation anniversary set sometime next year. And then an Apostrophe set to follow. (Or who knows, since the two albums are so closely related we might get one box celebrating both). These are FZ's two best-selling albums so I doubt that Universal would pass up a chance to do an anniversary release. I know Joe Travers (the Zappa "vaultmeister") is certainly an advocate of Frank's quad mixes getting a reissue. And given that there is now apparently a change in attitude within the Zappa camp regarding surround, I am very hopeful for those to be released sometime in 2023. I am going to be having a Zappa insider on my radio show on Friday..... I will see if I can get any scoops out of him. 😎

Well given the recent slate of archival Zappa releases, it stands to reason that we will see an Over-Nite Sensation anniversary set sometime next year. And then an Apostrophe set to follow. (Or who knows, since the two albums are so closely related we might get one box celebrating both). These are FZ's two best-selling albums so I doubt that Universal would pass up a chance to do an anniversary release. I know Joe Travers (the Zappa "vaultmeister") is certainly an advocate of Frank's quad mixes getting a reissue. And given that there is now apparently a change in attitude within the Zappa camp regarding surround, I am very hopeful for those to be released sometime in 2023. I am going to be having a Zappa insider on my radio show on Friday..... I will see if I can get any scoops out of him. 😎
uhhh, Will your show have a web version and if so, what time (including time zone?)
I'll put that on my calendar :)

Back